Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken wings help!

Family wants wings tonite, figure i would do them on the egg insyead of deep fry! Any suggestions? Temp time? Everyone likes them crispy! Thanks! Enjoy your sunday!
·

Comments

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,484
    I like to do mine at 400-425 raised direct. Start with meaty side down and flip half way. Generally will cook about 1hr to 1:15hr.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    @mattmann3969, r u talking about full size wings? Or pub style? Im doing pub style! :D
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,484
    Sorry dude I do full size, tips and all

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • I do mine indirect @400 for 45 minutes to an hour. To get crispy skin, I add whatever seasoning/rub to a VIP lock with floor and toss them in that. I then sauce them in a bowl after they are done and serve. Enjoy
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • Zip lock!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    I don't know what pub style is, I figger it's separated, but I put my rub in a big foodsaver bag and shake the wings in it. Put the wings on a baking tray on a rack and save whatever rub is in there. An hour later I put cornstarch in the bag and do the wings again. Cook them raised direct at 375* or 400*. After half an hour look at them and if any starch is showing spray with Pam or olive oil

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    edited October 2013
    @little steven i mean the small wings u get at a tavern, bar.hooters!
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,230
    You will need the cornstarch to get them dry/crispy given the time constraints-here's a great recipe/link; check it out- http://www.nibblemethis.com/2009/06/30-20-10-smoked-hot-wings.html  Regardless-wings are so easy on the BGE.
    Louisville
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    daffy1909 said:

Hooters? Is that like a bar for owls or something?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • RaymontRaymont Posts: 285
    Do you have thermopen? I have found that they are better cooked to higher temp and give crispy skip. I'd go with internal of 180. I really like garlic pepper wings. 

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

·
    Doin roasted red pepper, cajun, and mild!
    ·

daffy1909 said:

Hooters? Is that like a bar for owls or something?

No more like pigs!!!!!never been there myself just heard stories!!! :D
    ·