Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked Chili 2.0

BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 509
edited October 2013 in Soups, Stews, Chilis
This is an spin on Egret's cow lick chili. I used burger, Italian sausage and chorizo for the meats. Used beer instead of wine. Cut the amount of chocolate in half and used Simply Marvelous rub. Hickory, Apple and cherry wood for smoke. Turned out great.
Edina, MN

·

Comments

• BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 509
    My phone if fighting me with the photos.imageimageimageimage
    Edina, MN

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,400
    Looks awesome
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • EggoMaticEggoMatic Posts: 130
    Damn that looks good! Thanks for sharing.
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
    ·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 521
    I finally got myself a Dutch oven and can't wait to make Egg'd chili. I also found Egret's original and have a question. When/how does the smoke flavour the food? It seems like while it's smoking, the lid is on. At least that's how I read it.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
    @greeno55 when he is referring to the lid it is actully the.dome. The dutch oven never has the lid on. Hope that helps. I'm sure yours will turn out awesome.
    Edina, MN

·
  • awmawm Posts: 177
    I'm gonna try to make egrets tomorrow minus a couple things I couldn't find at the grocery store... I thought I had the red wine it calls for but all I can find is sherry cooking wine and garlic flavored red wine vinegar. Would either if those work or should I just go get some red wine?
    ·
    Also how often do you stir once the chiIi is going?
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,428
    I wouldn't use the sherry. Either get some red wine or use beer or broth. The vinegar will be fine. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
    edited October 2013
    @awm once you put everything back in the dutch oven and get it to a simmer you really don't have to stir it that often. Enjoy your chili!
    Edina, MN

·
    thanks for the info I went ahead and went to the store and got some red wine. I just put it on the egg I'm excited to see how it turns out
    ·