Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OOOOOHHHH NOOOOO...

cazzycazzy Posts: 8,242
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
I'm slowly running out of lump!! I personally think it would look better with 20 more bags. :P

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352

Ron, I bet yours is at least that clean and neat. Besides, I think Cazzy just swept around the lump.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I'm down to 4 bags. Tick tock @henapple.

I'm going to order a pallet or 2 of rockwood next anyway. I'll meet you half way when you are ready.

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,561
    Only 20 more bags?? I'd say at least forty more are needed to do you till christmas lol

Lovin the spices/rubs by the way,about 3/4 gone now.Doing some beef ribs with some of your texasbbq rub:) its all good stuff!!!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    I have a half a bag of Maple Leaf on the deck that got covered in snow today and is soaked. I have to do a big PR for the wife's birthday tomorrow.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    Good grief that is a clean garage!!

I'm trying to finish up my lump too so I can buy some Rockwood in a few months.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    I'm down to 2 bags of WGWW and a bag of Wegmans lump... Guess I should start to stock up LOL
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,242
    RRP said:
    I'm impressed---I've never seen a garage that clean and uncluttered!
    Don't be...I only showed you one side of the garage.  We're actually working on the garage today...with the main focus on getting rid of clutter.
    ·
  • ReldtiCDNReldtiCDN Posts: 142
    I have a half a bag of Maple Leaf on the deck that got covered in snow today and is soaked. I have to do a big PR for the wife's birthday tomorrow.
    SNOW what it only rained here.Nice to be 20min south of you.
    Brampton, Ontario

·

You need to get cooking dude! I had 34 bags the same week you got yours. Im down to 5. My dealer (@henapple) has gone legit so I need a new fix.

In working with Jonathan at rockwood for an austin buy. Deets coming soon and I'll start a thread for all who are interested. He's getting the freight details worked out. I'll
    Pass along as soon as I have them.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    I'll be in Austin in December... I can bring some then.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,655

No affiliation here-but you will enjoy Rockwood .  Of course, I found OO too "flavored" with the oak for my taste-but not being from Texas I may have missed that "Q" gene.  FWIW-I can make a 60 mile (one-way-for Rockwood) or 25 mile( one way for OO or the now POS WGWW) trip and it's a "no brainer". I would have stayed with WGWW but their guality has gone so far south...To each his/her own.  In the grand scheme of "Q" it's probably like "peeing in the ocean and expecting to see a change in sea-level" but that's my story....And yes, I have tried to raise sea-level

:)>-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • lousubcap said:

No affiliation here-but you will enjoy Rockwood .  Of course, I found OO too "flavored" with the oak for my taste-but not being from Texas I may have missed that "Q" gene.  FWIW-I can make a 60 mile (one-way-for Rockwood) or 25 mile( one way for OO or the now POS WGWW) trip and it's a "no brainer". I would have stayed with WGWW but their guality has gone so far south...To each his/her own.  In the grand scheme of "Q" it's probably like "peeing in the ocean and expecting to see a change in sea-level" but that's my story....And yes, I have tried to raise sea-level

:)>-
    I'm doing a pallet with rockwood but I love OO. BTW Ozark Oak is not necessarily oak. It's just hardwood charcoal. It may have oak in it but they are doing mixed hardwoods like most others.

In excited to try rockwood though.

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·

=))
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,408

I'm with Travis.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    I would use Rockwood if it were in my path while traveling. I love Ozark Oak for the 50 cents per pound. I haven't paid "full price" in a year. You'll be happy with the Rockwood.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,127
    Oh no Cazzy, I thought you heard some bad news about an AP ACL or Blair Walsh's left hammie...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,035
    Thanks for reminding me!! :))

·
  • thetrim said:
    Oh no Cazzy, I thought you heard some bad news about an AP ACL or Blair Walsh's left hammie...
    No, the bad news is that Christian Ponder is starting for the purple and gold this week. It's OK, I'm sure Josh Freeman will fix everything. he's got a head injury alright...........but not from last week.

·
  • egret said:

Hell, no wonder they can't ship anybody :))

·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    Egret that is just insane.You must run a restaurant out of your backyard.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 660
    EGRET, my wifes says that if I "hoard" that much, the egg is going on craigslist for $1.00.  I currently have 12 bags in the garage and that is pushing it  :)

·

egret said:

I thought the same thing...no wonder nobody can find WGWW. Wow!
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,408
    cazzy said:

egret said:

Meh. He probably just has that there to absorb the kitty litter odor...
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,035
    cazzy said:
    egret said:

Actually, that's not WW.......it's the now defunct Competition Blend that's no longer produced. In my opinion, one of the best hardwood charcoals that was especially good for long cooks due to it's density. It's like trying to light a rock, but, once lit it would burn for a very long time.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    edited October 2013
    image Down to my last 15.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    All I have to say is what's wrong with us???

I found a leak in the garage...I went straight to my lump to check if the water got there. Bypassing all of my other stored belongings.
    ·