Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Had to happen sooner or later

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,941
edited October 2013 in Off Topic

photo DSC_0202-1.jpgphoto DSC_0201.jpg

photo DSC_0203.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• We're getting a little wet snow mixed in with the rain over here in Aurora. Still a couple of degrees over 0* so nothing is staying on the ground (or deck for that matter).

They had up to 10cm in some areas up around Barrie this past week.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Yeah we had an inch or so Thursday but this was coming down heavy. It's starting to get wet now.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Sandstorm ?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,286
    First snow, always the most beautiful. Trees look awesome with that dusting. 
    I miss the seasons. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,215
    Looks good LS. Just over freezing here. I can't wait for snow.
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,265
    28 and a major frost on the soccer fields this morning in NC. What happened to fall?
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,941
    Blame Canada!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,145
    I just got out of the pool
    :))
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
    I have to close mine this weekend :((

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,215

I have to close mine this weekend :((

No need to close it. Most convenient ice rink ever!
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,766
    @LS-I figured your pool was big enough to serve as a hockey rink in the winter-dual tasking for sure :)>-
    Louisville
    ·
    Growing up we had a concrete pool that we did that but this is a vinyl liner and way too small. Besides I'm getting a little long in the tooth to be playing anymore.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,419
    What is that stuff???

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 754

@Little Steven I hate to be contradictory but no it doesn't have to happen .  Overnight low 58 todays high 80. The pictures are beautiful and I do love the Burmese Mountain Dog.

Tim in SoCal

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • our schools would be closed for a week if nature brought that fury to our little town. 

·
    our schools would be closed for a week if nature brought that fury to our little town. 

They didn't even plough or salt today hahaha

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,145
    Growing up we had a concrete pool that we did that but this is a vinyl liner and way too small. Besides I'm getting a little long in the tooth to be playing anymore.
    My grand parents lived in Winslow AZ, and surprisingly enough is snowed and froze every winter.  They always has a big log in the pool and said it kept the ice from cracking the pool.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
    Doc, we have to drain ours down about two feet and cover. The ice won't crack it because the sides are sloped. Blowing out all the lines and equipment is a pain though.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I hate winter in SW Michigan. Our toilet always freezes
    image.jpg 21.2K
    ·
    At least you leave the seat down for her.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • txav8rtxav8r Posts: 153
    Nice day here in Texas, got some stuffed jalapeños and pineapple rings on the egg. But dang, forth cook and still struggling with brining up temp and stopping it. This time, I pretty much closed it off at 375 and two minutes later it was falling to below 200. I had to open the dome again and it took time to get back to 300 again! Finally stable at 375 for 21 minutes into the 35-40 minute cook. But opened to add the pineapple. It is still around 300 after opening 7 minutes later. Not too stable...I have no idea how I managed the temps on the brisket cook.
    Just far enough north of DFW to be "rural"...and close enough to be urban, depending on my mood.
    ·
    Do you have an indirect piece in?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • txav8rtxav8r Posts: 153
    Yes, used the AR with the stone on bottom and grid on the middle.  It worked out pretty good, but the temp control is still evading me a tad.  I could only maintain about 350 through the cook.  I did them indirect, opened twice, at 350-375 for about 50 minutes, not black, but black edges.  The filling needs some work.  I used about 7/16 pound of bison, browned with onions and garlic, seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano, celery salt, and bacon bits.  Mixed with 4 oz of light cream cheese, and stuffed with a sliver of aged gouda in each pepper, sprinkled with parmesian at the end.  Don't flame me, trying to maintain my weight watchers diet, so light on all fats.  Taste was good, not amazing.
    Just far enough north of DFW to be "rural"...and close enough to be urban, depending on my mood.
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,513
    Do ya need to borrow my Yammy!!

IMG_3623.JPG 636.7K
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
    edited October 2013
    That's damn sweet my son. Tank track and all. So fancy! What's the HP on that beauty?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,513
    She is a 9hp but Yamaha are known to underestimate there motors.From what i'm told she will out blow any 10-11hp from the other brands.Loads of torque!!! Hydrostatic drive helps too.

Haven't used it yet im still waiting for the snow squalls to start.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • ReldtiCDNReldtiCDN Posts: 141
    Whats with that I can see caledon from my yard as i'm a block south and no snow in sight. Is that last years photo, come on LS are you looking for pitty.
    Brampton, Ontario

·
    Not now. That was this morning.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • ReldtiCDNReldtiCDN Posts: 141
    edited October 2013
    Saw no snow this morning either you must be in the caledon mountains, move a little south. We have power to here.
    Brampton, Ontario

·
    No offence dude but I moved out of Brampton ten years ago. :)>- . You bought your egg at Heart Lake nurseries didn't you?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·