Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GTA (Canuckistan) Foodsaver sealer and roll deals

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,527
Just came back from Costco. Couple of Foodsaver deals valid till Sunday 10/27.

1) Foodsaver Series 3800 for $124.99 (discounted by $35) - It's an upright unit, with builtin vacuum hose for sealing containers.  Accessories include a marinator box, 11" roll and assorted bags.

2) Genuine Foodsaver rolls ... Box of four 11"x16ft rolls, plus two 8"x20ft rolls. $29.99 (discounted by $9).

Gary

canuckland

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Not sure if they have them up there but Costco down here will have the new 4800 model for $119 next month.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Lit said:
    Not sure if they have them up there but Costco down here will have the new 4800 model for $119 next month.

How do you guys know all this? Thought it was a surprise every week at Costco.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    Options
    I go there every week!

you can also check it online ...
    canuckland
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    My wife bought me the machine from costco for my birthday last month. She can't find the receipt. I ran out of the bags and rolls last week and wanted some so I bought those last week. Dammit. I tossed the receipt as it was only groceries. I have to learn to keep them for a week or 2.
  • Canugghead
    edited October 2013
    Options

hondabbq
    said:
    My wife bought me the machine from costco for my birthday last month. She can't find the receipt. I ran out of the bags and rolls last week and wanted some so I bought those last week. Dammit. I tossed the receipt as it was only groceries. I have to learn to keep them for a week or 2.
    I bought a box last week too at $38.99, fortunately I still have the receipt, I'm well stock for a while, these plus fifteen rolls (almost all 11" ones) from previous hoard.

This damn egging thing is getting expensive ... XL+L+L BGEs, 2 thermapens, Stoker with dual fans, 800+ lbs of lump, home brewed sous vide setup, 50+ Foodsaver rolls, wireless dual probes Maverick, AR, grill extender, pizza stones, several Lodge CI pots/pans, Looftlighter, BGE electric starter, Vitamix, pantry full of spices,...  I need HELP :((  
    photo IMG_9006_zpsa69006a9.jpg

canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This damn egging thing is getting expensive ... XL+L+L BGEs, 2 thermapens, Stoker with dual fans, 800+ lbs of lump, home brewed sous vide setup, 50+ Foodsaver rolls, wireless dual probes Maverick, AR, grill extender, pizza stones, several Lodge CI pots/pans, Looftlighter, BGE electric starter, Vitamix, pantry full of spices,...  I need HELP :((  

Gary - you are so right... you DO have a problem. Send me all of your stuff and I'll keep it safely for you while you're in rehab :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    They are not persnickety about receipts at our Costco. We just take things back and they can look up our purchase history. We have the executive membership or whatever its called - the savings on 3 buckets of chlorine tabs for the pool pays for the membership. 

• caliking
    Options
    Since we're on the subject, does it mater which model Foodsaver you get? Any advantages to the upright vs the flat? or is it basically different accessories with different models?

• Canugghead
    Options
    Forgot to mention TWO vacuum sealers in my problematic collection! They are both old horizontal models - one Foodsaver from CL and one discontinued Kenmore clone. They are very basic but I like the manual seal button which allows me to start sealing before the automatic seal kicks in; great for delicate food and food with liquid. To vacuum a container I have to plug a hose into a hole in the unit, no fancy builtin pullout hose.

Sorry can't speak for the newer vertical ones but I recall reading about the automatic vertical models need more 'wasted' roll to seal (I could be wrong).
    canuckland
  • Little Steven
    Options
    caliking said:
    Since we're on the subject, does it mater which model Foodsaver you get? Any advantages to the upright vs the flat? or is it basically different accessories with different models?
    One area you are wise to spend the big bucks IMHO. I've burned through about five of the cheaper ones in the last ten years

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    Options
    Just to clarify, mine are still working fine. The 'problematic collection' refers to the sickening list of stuff I acquired since my eggdiction started five years ago  :D
    canuckland
  • caliking
    Options
    One area you are wise to spend the big bucks IMHO. I've burned through about five of the cheaper ones in the last ten years
    Could you clarify? "Cheaper ones" as in cheaper Foodsaver models  or cheaper Foodsaver clones?

I think I would like the manual sealing button more. Automatic sealing means there is a sensor somewhere that will go bad and cause grief later on down the road.

• Little Steven
    Options
    Cali, I was talking about the ones that come from Cabellas or Bass Pro. I'm on my second Gamesaver and it's not suctioning like it first did. Something in stainless steel with a cleanable vacuum section and adjustments on the suction and seal time.

Steve 

Caledon, ON