Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

How Often Do You Egg?

Have had the LBGE since June 1.  When I am in town, I guess that I use the Egg about 4+ days per week.  Don't know where this compares to everyone else.  As they say, am I normal or nuts?  My goal for the next 6 months is to expand what I cook on the Egg so that I do not fall into the same routine.  Tried some ham appetizers and bacon this week.  The bacon (some candied - saw that at the fest, some not) needs more work, but the hammies were great. How often do you egg and what is your specialty / signature cook?
Milton, GA.
007.jpg 1.5M
012.jpg 3.1M
013.jpg 3.4M
018.jpg 3.2M

• DMWDMW Posts: 7,466
    I'd say my average is 4 days/week as well. The other 3 days I'm wishing I was egging.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
  • roblewroblew Posts: 78
    Two or three times a week. We love cooking pizza
    Ringgold GA LBGE
  • meat73meat73 Posts: 137
    4 times a week min
  • 2-3 times a week, would like to do more often
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,565
    3-5 times a week depending on work and the eggin!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • 3-5 days a week here.
  • Always on the weekend and sometimes I get a weekday. So 2 -3 times for me as well.

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• I Egg almost 4 to 5 times a week my favorite thing to cook in the Egg is pork butt (pulled pork) next is whole chickens  the way I see it whatever you put into the Egg you can't miss it's always a winner my nephew told me that I could put dog **** in the Egg and make it taste good 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,146
    About twice a by travel and work.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • CPARKTX said:
    About twice a by travel and work.
    and kids.............

• queuedqueued Posts: 50
    3 to 5 times a week
    Raleigh, NC
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,800
    When I'm home... I'm egging.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 776
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,478
    2 X week as an average.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,393
    edited October 2013
    Haven't had a fully functioning oven in 3 years we've owned the house. Why bother fixing it when you can egg!
  • RLP443RLP443 Posts: 24
    4-5 times a week. Trying to get more
    Rochester Hills, MI
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,115
    1-3 times. usually I do a weekend cook and also a football cook.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,439
    Every weekend, and 2-3 times a week if I'm home and work does not get in the way.
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 348
    1 to 3 times a week,

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,820
    3 times a week. Appys, burger, pizza and a few other things
    Large, small, and a mini
  • BGEXL_NickBGEXL_Nick Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    Not enough. I only manage 1-2 times a week anymore. Ribs are my specialty that always get requested.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,240
    I think I probably average 2-3 times a week. Try to egg at least 2 days on the weekend.

Problem I find is that there's only the 3 of us; so just about every cook provides leftovers for the next day or two. If I cooked more than that I'd either run out of freezer/fridge space or waste it...

If I could, have the time and had the upgraded storage, I'd probably try to egg everyday.

Just happy knowing that what I do manage to egg those 3 days a week is better than 95% of what anyone else is cooking 7 days a week on their stoves.
  • Every day, unless I get home too late or have egged leftovers. Even the veggies that I use to make soup are egged.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • On average 6-7 times a week.
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Aurora, Ontario, Canada
  • EggoMaticEggoMatic Posts: 130
    I cook 2-3 times a week on mine. I wish it could be every day. My favorite thing to cook would be spatchcock chicken. My wife loves it. Hey -- I'm a Dirty Bird fan -- what more can I say....
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • 1 to 2.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    3-5 times a week
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 347
    +1  With hapster . If not working late like  cooking with egg. Keep telling wife why cook in house when it is better on egg. Besides I am cooking your

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 347

But everyday if I could.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Beagle1Beagle1 Posts: 36
    3 to 4 times a week
    Atlanta, GA and Watts Bar Lake, TN
    2 LBGEs