Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Peppers on the hand!

OK  got a pot of cow lick chili cooking away fora chili cook off tomorrow but have encountered an issue.    I chopped the sorrento, bell, and jalepeno peppers all nice and diced.     Washed my hands several times and then went to take my contacts out.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The burning is gone now, but how can I make sure I got all the oils, etc of my hands?   
In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!

Comments

• wear gloves and be very careful when you pee.........

• bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,102
    I always use Dawn dish soap as a hand soap. It's an emulsifier and will break down the oil and remove it.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Disposable gloves.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Alexander City,Al
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited October 2013
    The stinging oil is the capsaicin and it is not water soluble.  To remove it from your hands, you can use rubbing alcohol, aloe vera gel, or a paste made from baking soda and cold milk.  Even then, I'd avoid rubbing your eyes or changing your contacts for awhile, just to be safe.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• BotchBotch Posts: 3,881
    Just read last week that hydrogen peroxide works better than anything, haven't had a chance to try it yet.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,885
    wear gloves and be very careful when you pee.........
    At my age that's the only pleasurable sensation I get there.

Steve 

Caledon, ON