Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First amateur bbq comp

Options
Entered a bbq comp this past weekend. Entered in for chicken, pork ribs, tri tip, and carne asada. Went there to represent with the large bge and small bge and the vision Kub. Overall out of 21 teams, we were able to place 3rd. Not bad for our first time. We were only able to place 2nd in Bbq chicken.

Ribs ended up over cooked, fall of the bone whoch i was upset about and the tri tip needed bbq sauce of some kind. Next year I am going to treat the tri tip similar to a brisket as far as easoning goes.

This competition was a fundraiser for youth sports in a town nearby. It was busy but fun. A lot of people saw the green eggs and said it was very unique. Had tons of questions about it. I really felt like a sales person. Not many people have this type of grills in our town. Most of the competitors had the side burning smokers. Sorry for the pictures being sideways. I am loading this up with my phone. imageimage

Comments