Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Any suggestions for a breakfast cook on my BGE?

Looking for some suggestions for a breakfast I can cook the family on the Egg…I do have a half moon CI skillet I can use….I'm thinking some thick bacon, eggs, some really good potatoes…..any ideas?  Temp, indirect or direct???  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I've cooked just about everything on my BGE in the past 3 years, but haven't made an attempt at breakfast.  Thanks!
·

Comments

• brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 359
    I'm eager to try breakfast as we'll. I'm thinking pizza.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • smaksmak Posts: 81
    I routinely go with the following two items:

1) Scotch Eggs

2) Breakfast Poppers
    Jalapenos - cored
    add shredded cheese
    add scrambled egg mix
    top with bacon
    indirect until bacon is crisp.

-smak
    Leesburg, VA
    ·
  • Breakfast casserole
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,065
    Fresh ripe avocados.. Not mushy though. Half, fill with egg, cheese and wrap with bacon.... Muffin pan, 1/2 pop can biscuit, fill with egg, meat and cheese. Bloody Mary X 3
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,439
    Pancakes or French toast or stuffed French toast. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 343
    I cook breakfast about every weekend. I use 2 ci skillets, a mesh basket, and baking stone for biscuits.  Usual cook is bacon, Fried potatoes with onions in ci or mesh basket, pancakes and eggs. Just different things.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • HicHic Posts: 348
    edited October 2013
    I posted our french toast recipe in the Eggtoberfest recipe thread. Super easy to make.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,690
    My favorite is the finish of an overnight pork butt...pull it, and then fry some up with a little butter, top with some fresh tomatoes slices and a fried egg.
    ·
  • We like pancakes. The light smokey taste with real maple syrup is excellent!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Cinnamon Rolls

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

·
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 455
    Frittata and a bacon explosion.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • Migas or Migas tacos served with retried beans and salsa (or spiced taters, if beans are not your thing)
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Tamagoyaki.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • I've done a candy bacon on cabob sticks and pancakes on the stone when the power went out. Cheers
    In the Pacific Northwest We cook outside! Year round! 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276
    Breakfast pizza is the bomb. I've done eggs benny on the egg but it's easier inside

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·