Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Burger and Cauliflower

Trying for something different.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    That looks really good Doc; thanks for sharing.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited October 2013
    Looks really good Doc!! One of my favorite recipes for turkey burgers is a Cantonese recipe. I usually use 1/2 ground chicken and 1/2 ground turkey -- Recipe--- 1 beaten eggs 1 tsp toasted sesame oil 2 tsps soy sauce 1/3 cup breadcrumb (fine dry) 1/4 cup peanuts (chopped) 2 green onions (thinly sliced) 2 tbsps shredded carrots 1 tsp minced garlic 1 lb ground turkey (uncooked) 4 hamburger buns (toasted) 8 spinach leaves 1/4 cup plum sauce (bottled)

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Mattman, wow complex.  Sounds great, but alas no buns for me.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    No buns no big deal. These are good by themselves. That is how I eat the left overs

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    They look good. Didn't dry out?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Looks good! Do you eat it as an open faced burger, with the patty on top of the cauliflower?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    What'd you put in 'em, Doc?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Doc_Eggerton
    Burgers had chopped onions mixed in.

• Doc_Eggerton
    caliking said:
    Looks good! Do you eat it as an open faced burger, with the patty on top of the cauliflower?
    The cauliflower did not hold up, got really soft.  Just ate on the side.  TB doesn't dry out if you don't over do them.  I did these to the upper 140's and they had clear juice.  They are so soft am mushy raw that you'd think they would not hold together, but they cook up just beef.

• @DocEggerton what did you use to cook the Cauliflower and onions on ?
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    A Kettle-Q.  You will find mixed rating on it here, but I've been using it some trying to figure out what works well on it besides breakfast cooks.  It adds another dimension to the Egging.

• @DocEggerton this Kettle-Q fits in your Egg if so what size Egg do you have ?
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • New2Q
    New2Q Posts: 171
    What liquid was the cauliflower soaked in?  Soy sauce?
  • Doc_Eggerton

@DocEggerton this Kettle-Q fits in your Egg if so what size Egg do you have ?
    It is pictured in the Large, where it fits very nicely.  I use a Woo with a pizza stone for a Medium on the bottom ring, the put the KQ on the raised grid.  That way it warms up indirect (mostly) and you can control the temp.  On my XL it leaves enough room that you could do something small direct.  It will not fit on my Medium.  We pretty much have made the Large dedicated to this.  I did and omelet with pancakes with it last week.

• Doc_Eggerton
    New2Q said:
    What liquid was the cauliflower soaked in?  Soy sauce?
    Teriyaki.  In retrospect I wish I had tried Braggs.