Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

There is a reason the Lone Ranger was not set in Delaware

Options
The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Not to offend any of my brothers in the great Northeast.....or is Delaware by Oregon?........I don't think anyone knows for sure. Anyhow, i'm sure it's a fine place but they do not serve "The Texas Platter" as the fine watering hole in my neighborhood does. No, there is no Delaware platter, or Maine platter or (insert charming town on eastern seaboard here) platter. It's the @#!*% Texas platter.

On said platter is:

2 (count em) chicken fried smoked spare ribs (points off for not being beef ribs)
6 0z of smoked, chicken fried prime ribeye
about the same amount of chicken fried chicken

I think you are seeing a pattern here- chicken fried. They just don't do that sh*t in Delaware, and I think it's wrong not to do it.

Actually it was all pretty @#!*% good and the ribeye and ribs were killer with the smoke. Think I'll try that some time soon.

Carry on and happy Friday. And I'm sorry if I offended anyone from Delaware......wherever you may be.

Hi-Ho Silver.....away!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments