Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spatchcock and Wings and Corn and Sprouts

Fancy chicken rub on all the chicken.  Soy vay on the Brussels sprouts.  Wings sauced with a mixture of datil pepper hot sauce and Soyaki.  Corn with butter and brai salt. This pic is mid-cook.  Raised direct at 375 dome.  I ended up overcooking the wings and sprouts.  The spatchcock and corn were perfect.

Thanks for looking.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 5,450
    @Foghorn What are you using to raise your main grid, I can't tell from the pic?
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,449
    Nice cook. I love Soy Vay and that line of sauces.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,036
    @DMW, those are rocks that I found laying around on the ground.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,198
    Niiice!!
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
    @caliking and @Dyal_SC, thanks. It was a fun easy week-night cook. I just wish I had done a better job on the wings as they were largely for SWMBO.

San Antonio, TX

·
  • Soy vay?  You mean, oy vey !  Brussels Sprouts are the devil's weed.  The chicken looks great, though.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
    Yeah, those were also largely for SWMBO. Bummer that I overcooked the food that was for her.... But my stuff was excellent.

San Antonio, TX

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
    Mmmm....BGE nice and full. Looks wonderful.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,260
    I know you said you weren't coming to salado this year.... Please. I'll be your prep biiiaaatch.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    @henapple, that is a magnanimous offer.  I'm still holding out a little hope but it doesn't seem likely.  There are too many moving parts - son in Japan on spring break trip, in-laws in town, etc.  Most impprtantly, son doesn't want his mom to realize that Salado is a great, quaint town that is worth visiting as he wants it to be a "just us guys" thing in the future.  We told SWMBO it was like Woodstock with too many people and not enough porta-potties.  ;)

San Antonio, TX

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,247
    Foghorn said:
    @henapple, that is a magnanimous offer.  I'm still holding out a little hope but it doesn't seem likely.  There are too many moving parts - son in Japan on spring break trip, in-laws in town, etc.  Most impprtantly, son doesn't want his mom to realize that Salado is a great, quaint town that is worth visiting as he wants it to be a "just us guys" thing in the future.  We told SWMBO it was like Woodstock with too many people and not enough porta-potties.  ;)
    You forgot about the naked mud wrestling. That creek is there for a reason.
    ·