Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT - Cigar Advice

A friend of mine is going to deer camp in northern Michigan soon. He asked me if I knew anything about cigars. I said "No, but I know some guys that do."

He's obviously a noob to sticks. He's looking for something mild, tasty and won't break the bank. Your thoughts...

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,594
    edited October 2013
    I'm still a total noob, but I don't think you can go wrong with this:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • ringkingpinringkingpin Posts: 257
    edited October 2013
    What part of Michigan?  I go dirt biking up in T.C. / Wolverine / Indian River area a couple of times a year and we were just in Harbor Springs two weeks ago, peak leaf peeping season!
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,515
    You won't go wrong or break the bank with Punch. Personal faves.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,978
    @hapster and @henapple are a couple of cigar smoking fiends who should be along shortly to help out.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • mrdnksmrdnks Posts: 67
    edited October 2013
    any smoke shops near you (sells cigs and cigars), walk in and tell them your story and they will help you out.
    you can go to www.cigarbid.com and look around. If your not into cigars anything you get will be better than something out of a box from walmart. 

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,083
    If he is a big guy, Nub Habano 460 - Hap can tell you all about them. Nice "man's" stick.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    IMHO, the Nub Habano may be too strong.. Try the Connecticut. Oliva makes some good, mild but tasty sticks. For around $12, get a Casa Miranda..

@mrdnks is right. Hit a shoppe and tell them exactly what you want.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,938
    edited October 2013
    One of the best bangs for the buck out now is the La Aroma De Cuba for about $5 a stick. Probably spelled that wrong. I know I've posted many pictures of them though LOL...

Any shop will know what your asking for if you get the pronunciation close. They should also steer you in the right direction based on what you are looking for if there're a good shop. Google them and see what kind of reviews they get for service
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
    I usually just buy Cubans Freddie...just cause I can :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    The NUB line is a great smoke. If the Habano is too heavy, try the Connecticut, it's the mild version.
    ·
  • I would recommend Romeo& Juliet (Bully) size it is about say 6x50 on the mild side and should cost about $9.00
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • LooperLooper Posts: 44
    CAO, Onyx, Bolivar, TTT Trinidad and Gurkha are all good.
    ·
  • RLP443RLP443 Posts: 24
    Go to cigars international online. Great selection at great prices. You can get free shipping on some orders. They are in PA and I get my shipment here in MI in 3 days with standard rates
    Rochester Hills, MI
    ·
  • warwomanwarwoman Posts: 215
    Aw hell, go get a pack of Swisher Sweets!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
    ·
  • I'll let him read your responses and let you know what he says.  Steven, your response was not surprising.  ;)

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Rocky Patel Edge is a solid smoke, and my personal favorite Arturo Feunte Hemmingway.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,301
    Philly Blunts. As long as they are coming from Washington or Colorado.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    hapster said:

The NUB line is a great smoke. If the Habano is too heavy, try the Connecticut, it's the mild version.

Damn... I would've never thought of that... Except my post before yours, @Hapster
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    Fred ,Bay City has a big cigar store in downtown ,Timothy's.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,594

hapster said:
    One of the best bangs for the buck out now is the La Aroma De Cuba for about $5 a stick. 
    Is this the one Hap?

Looks like it is made by the Garcia family as well.  At around $5 a stick I will definitely give this one a try. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 1,516
    I'd tell your friend to go into a good cigar shop and talk with the proprietor.  He should be able to steer him in the right direction and may even cut him a deal since he'll probably need a cutter and torch as well.   
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees." 
    -Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Peachtree Corners, GA
    ·
  • What part of Michigan?  I go dirt biking up in T.C. / Wolverine / Indian River area a couple of times a year and we were just in Harbor Springs two weeks ago, peak leaf peeping season!

His family owns property they hunt in Mesick NW of Cadillac.

·
  • brycosbrycos Posts: 137
    most Dominican tobaccos are going to be on the milder side
    ·
  • You will like this one, nice aroma.
    ·

hapster said:
    One of the best bangs for the buck out now is the La Aroma De Cuba for about $5 a stick. 
    Is this the one Hap?

Looks like it is made by the Garcia family as well.  At around $5 a stick I will definitely give this one a try. 
    Yep!
    ·