Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wensday night chili and cornbread

DMWDMW Posts: 6,787
Right time of year for chili and cornbread. Burned to bottom of the cornbread pretty good but the rest of it was decent. Chili was great, had some mesquite chunks in for smoke. I ended up going direct, the staging photo was when I was making sure all the CI would fit.
My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
·

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 6,912
    Good looking meal...

Never made cornbread before. Practice makes perfect I guess :)
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,941
    Sounds like a meal I want... NOW!! :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Good looking meal... I cheated and made my cornbread in the oven.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320

Very nice! I did chili last night.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920

Bummer about your cornbread. We do ours indirect if we Egg it.

Can't tell from the pictures, was that chili or beef and bean bake? Cuz we all know that chili DOESN'T have beans in it. Either way, I'd take a bowl of that. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,787
    @Griffin Thanks for the indirect tip on the cornbread, will try that next time. And yes, there were beans...trying to convince SWMBO chili doesn't have beans. I used Dr. BBQ's race day chili recipe with a couple minor changes.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • Looks really good.  Thanks for sharing.  Ingredients for chili are on the shopping list.  Real chili HAS beans.  Anything else is just hot dog gravy (not that there is anything wrong with that either).

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • There is really no reason for chili without beans. That junk is just for hot dogs :)
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,434
    Nice looking meal!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920

Them Northerners don't know what they are talking about. A real bowl of Texas Red ain't got no whistleberries in it. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,349
    Beans and vegies are in soups and stews.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·