Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Little different spatchcock tonight

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,358
edited October 2013 in Poultry

They had whole chickens and ducks on sale at the senior's day (10% off on Wednesday if you're over 55).

Cut the birds into suprême de poulet suprême de canard. French for...well you get it.

photo 004-7.jpg

photo 008-4.jpg

photo 010-5.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,071
    For a Little Stephen, you sure are a big show off. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,695
    Looks good Steven.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,358
    Hey man, not showing off at all. People come here to learn stuff. This is an easy and really tasty way to do chicken breasts.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,071

Hey man, not showing off at all. People come here to learn stuff. This is an easy and really tasty way to do chicken breasts.

I know my friend. It looks awesome. I was just trying to be humourous.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,186
    Tres bien, mon ami! 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,663
    I you're showing off... suprême de poulet suprême de canard. Speak English, this is Murica
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

I know my friend. It looks awesome. I was just trying to be humourous.

Ya spelled that way wrong duude

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,124
    Maybe he was trying to speak Canadian? :)

Kidding aside, that's a nice cook, and I would gobble it up in minutes. What veggies did you have i the drip pan? I see carrots, cauliflower, and onion? Did they go in before, after, or the same time as the meat? Just about anything becomes better with duck fat!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    I steamed the cauliflower. I had onions, mini red spuds and carrots in the pan. I bought white turnip but forgot about it and wanted to buy golden beets but forgot.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,163
    Nice looking cook!!!
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,533
    Not showing off? You're like a mini Escoffier.
    Escoffier is a reduction of wine, vinegar and herbs for Bernaise isn't it?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Fancy
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

What? It's a stinking chicken breast! You just cut it on the other side of the wing as opposed to what you would if you were taking off a boneless breast. I am so outa here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Look at all those vegetables! Y'all eat way healthier than I do. I'm gonna have start doing that. Except for the cauliflower. Cauliflower is the Devil.

• hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,285

LOL

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.

• I bought white turnip but forgot about it and wanted to buy golden beets but forgot.

55 and over indeed :))

• Look at all those vegetables! Y'all eat way healthier than I do. I'm gonna have start doing that. Except for the cauliflower. Cauliflower is the Devil.
    don't be fooled. There is a cup of duck and chicken fat in those veggies. Mmmmmmm! Delicious. 

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,533
    No. Béarnaise is like the little bastard stepdaughter of Hollandaise. Escoffier is a reduction of Carême.
    hondabbq said:

LOL

B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Look at all those vegetables! Y'all eat way healthier than I do. I'm gonna have start doing that. Except for the cauliflower. Cauliflower is the Devil.
    don't be fooled. There is a cup of duck and chicken fat in those veggies. Mmmmmmm! Delicious. 
    I truth I put the duck tail and neck skin in the roasting pan too. (LS clutching chest emoticon here)

Steve 

Caledon, ON