Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

WTB: LBGE composite egg shelves

Just checking to see if someone went egg table, and now have some composite shelves they no longer need.

·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 13,217
    I see them all the time on Craigslist...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    I've got a couple of brackets you can have... I bought a big box of stuff dirt cheap. You could build your own.
    ·
  • That is a very generous offer Sir!

Unfortunately my OCD is what is making me get the composite shelves, solely in order to match the ES3L 3rd shelf I managed to find.

·
  • FearlessTheEggNoobFearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 465
    edited October 2013
    ...and my cheapskate-ness is what is making me check here first. :D

·
  • I'll take the brackets if you don't have a home for them. I'm looking for nest mates too but I'll build them if I can't find any

·
  • I'd buy some brackets.
    ·
  • Eventually I'll have a set of like new brown eggmates once I get my hands on some composite shelves.

·
  • Like new set of Eggmates for sale in Austin. $50.

·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,278
    might check the composite decking at lowes.  same stuff one would use on a deck.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • Like new set of Eggmates for sale in Austin. $50.
    where at? You don't want them?

·
  • I bought the plastic ones to replace these, just so it would match the front shelf I bought from Fred's.

on a side note I think BGE might have discontinued the front shelf.  ???

NW Austin.

·
  • tjv said:
    might check the composite decking at lowes.  same stuff one would use on a deck.

t
    No, this is more like a hard brittle plastic, or maybe it's fiberglass with a speckled robin egg finish. They are about a 30% bigger (per side) than the eggmates. Once my 3rd shelf delivers there should actually be a considerable amount of shelf area for a large in a nest.

·
  • Oh dang- I thought you meant you saw them on CL Or something. I'll take them for sure. I'm in Lakeway so we can't be that far from each other.

·
  • Sure thing. PM me and we can work out a meet up. I'm over at the Lakeline Home Depot spending money darn near every other day lately.

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 754
    I'll take the brackets if you don't have a home for them. I'm looking for nest mates too but I'll build them if I can't find any

@The Cen-Tex Smoker  PM me. I may be able to help you out.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • HicHic Posts: 348
    @HenApple, I'd be interested in your brackets, if they are up for grabs.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • Sure thing. PM me and we can work out a meet up. I'm over at the Lakeline Home Depot spending money darn near every other day lately.
    Message sent.

·
    @Hic...I'll see what I've got when I get home.
    ·
  • Thanks to Fearless the egg noob I have some new egg mates. Always fun to meet a fellow egger and do what appears to be a shady drug deal in a Lowe's parking lot

Great to meet you Brad and thanks for the egg mates. I'll put them to good use.

·
  • Egg on Brother!  \m/

·