Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

feeding ~30 people pulled pork - best setup for large?

NDGNDG Posts: 819
I am hoping to purchase (2) bone-in pork shoulders tonight to feed just under 30 people this weekend.  My party starts at noon on Saturday and I am hoping to serve food around 3:00pm. I have never made this much pulled pork, so hoping you all can review my logic and offer suggestions.  My tools are a Large BGE, a BBQ Guru and a Grid Extender (from ceramic grill works - still never used it).  I understand I could put this on early and do the cooler trick, but I would really like my Egg to still be cooking when people start showing up.  Might be wishful thinking - but I want to show it off!   Thank you in advance.

1) will (2) shoulders at 7-10lb each be enough meat?
2) what is the best configuration (can I use extender?) to put on the large egg for this much meat?
3) If I put all 18lbs of meat on at 7:00pm on Friday night . . . do you think it is safe to assume it will be done between Noon and 3:00pm on Sat? 

Columbus, Ohio

Comments