Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Finished the bisque last night.

Went over really well.

photo 012-4.jpg

photo 015-4.jpg

Finished with some sherry, full cream and chives

photo 018-2.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• Looks fantastic! Was it worth the effort?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I was slightly inebriated at the time I served it. Didn't try it myself but wife and guests raved.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • =P~  Good job!  Looks amazing! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,411
    @LS-any time you can finish something requiring that much effort you have eggseeded eggspectations.  Looks great and I can relate to not trying it-made a few ABT's last night, failed to recall consuming them til I found the second level of heat this AM.  It was a dark and stormy night :)
    Louisville
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Rum and ginger beer Lou?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I was slightly inebriated at the time I served it. Didn't try it myself but wife and guests raved.

Slightly inebriated? 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,411
    edited October 2013
    Beer and bourbon-SWMBO has been out-of-town for a few days (returns tonight) so I greatly eggseeded reasonable consumption levels.  Gotta throttle back today as I am the airport pick-up guy.  May have to rethink that going forward.    :)>-
    Louisville
    ·
  • Thats a lot of effort! Looks really delicious. How many of those did you plate? I would have run out of patience by the 4th plate.
    kelly@thehungryegghead.com
    ·
    edited October 2013

Thats a lot of effort! Looks really delicious. How many of those did you plate? I would have run out of patience by the 4th plate.
    I was really hoping tö do a better job of the plating but I was drinking "ä little"

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,941
    Beautiful. I can almost taste it from over here.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,533
    edited October 2013
    That's a sign of a truly great cook...can put together a meal like that whilst inebriated.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    ^:)^ Wow!! Somehow I missed the original post and had to go back and read it. The bisque looks really good. You da man!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    Nice... People always talk about cookbooks... I can't keep up with the great cooks here.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    Thanks all! It was very good. I had a great plan to drizzle the cream over the soup with an injector with the three hole needle. Made sourdough croutons with a cookie cutter and toasted them and completely forgot to serve them as well. The devil's brew I guess.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·