Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brats, Kraut, and Veggies

DMWDMW Posts: 9,247
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Here's a quick one I did tonight, inspired by @hapster this weekend and @griffin past posts. I think I may have used inspiration from someone else as well I'm forgetting now. And inspiration from some Sierra Nevada Torpedo my neighbor brought over.
My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 366
    They look great.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,589
    Looking good!  What type of brats did you use?  I like the use of the brats as "bookends" on the skewers.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DMWDMW Posts: 9,247
    @SmokeyPitt I used Johnsonville Originals. Cooking them on the kraut like that let kept them moist, when I checked IT they were 190* but no signs of drying out or skin cracking. Tossed everything on the grid for a quick sear for appearance. Simple cook, but turned out great.

My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser
  • Fantastic cook!

Cherry Hill, NJ