Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brats, Kraut, and Veggies

DMWDMW Posts: 5,410
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Here's a quick one I did tonight, inspired by @hapster this weekend and @griffin past posts. I think I may have used inspiration from someone else as well I'm forgetting now. And inspiration from some Sierra Nevada Torpedo my neighbor brought over.
My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
Morgantown, PA
XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
·

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 338
    They look great.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,589
    Looking good!  What type of brats did you use?  I like the use of the brats as "bookends" on the skewers.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 5,410
    @SmokeyPitt I used Johnsonville Originals. Cooking them on the kraut like that let kept them moist, when I checked IT they were 190* but no signs of drying out or skin cracking. Tossed everything on the grid for a quick sear for appearance. Simple cook, but turned out great.

My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • Fantastic cook!

Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·