Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Tenderloin

FuzzyKFuzzyK Posts: 31
Here's a quick/easy recipe I did for a Pork Tenderloin with a non-fat marinade. It was delicious!

·

Comments

• That's funny, I just watch that video yesterday :) Looks like a great cook. Pork tenderloins are a staple in my house!
    Aurora,OH
    ·
  • FuzzyKFuzzyK Posts: 31
    Haha, thanks, NervousDad...and thanks for watching!  We love Pork Tenderloin as well!
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,890
    Those look great @FuzzyK.  I like the simple recipe as well...my kind of recipe ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,545
    Bookmarked.  I have two pork tenderloins in the freezer I may pull out for this weekend!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • I too enjoy pork tenderloins but it can be difficult to find them around here without being vac packed in some sort of "brine."

I like getting a thin filet knife and push it from one end, longitudinally to almost the other end.  Then I push marinated prunes in that hole or tunnel, tie it up and on to the egg. :)

"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
    ·
  • Great Recipe!
    ·
  • FuzzyKFuzzyK Posts: 31
    Thanks for all the kind words, all!

@Cookinbob - Let me know how those tenderloins turned out.  Here's to hoping you had some tasty pig!

@ringkingpin - I agree about the vac-packed pork tenderloins.  They just aren't the same.  I'll have to try your marinating method.  Sounds like a great way to introduce marinade deeper into the loin.

@ChuckChampion - Thanks!  Let me know how it goes if you ever decided to give it a try!
    ·
  • That looked great. And yes I did get hungry!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,545
    FuzzyK said:
    @Cookinbob - Let me know how those tenderloins turned out.  Here's to hoping you had some tasty pig!

Turns out I did not get to do them that weekend - it turned into a rib cook.  They are still in the freezer.  I will post with pics when I do them though.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • I marinated and cooked this exactly like you described and it was soooooooo....good!  Thanks!
    ·
  • awmawm Posts: 177
    Thanks for sharing, done this tonight and everyone loved it.
    ·