Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Tenderloin

FuzzyKFuzzyK Posts: 31
Here's a quick/easy recipe I did for a Pork Tenderloin with a non-fat marinade. It was delicious!

·

Comments

• That's funny, I just watch that video yesterday :) Looks like a great cook. Pork tenderloins are a staple in my house!
    Aurora,OH
    ·
  • FuzzyKFuzzyK Posts: 31
    Haha, thanks, NervousDad...and thanks for watching!  We love Pork Tenderloin as well!
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,858
    Those look great @FuzzyK.  I like the simple recipe as well...my kind of recipe ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,439
    Bookmarked.  I have two pork tenderloins in the freezer I may pull out for this weekend!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • I too enjoy pork tenderloins but it can be difficult to find them around here without being vac packed in some sort of "brine."

I like getting a thin filet knife and push it from one end, longitudinally to almost the other end.  Then I push marinated prunes in that hole or tunnel, tie it up and on to the egg. :)

"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
    ·
  • Great Recipe!
    ·
  • FuzzyKFuzzyK Posts: 31
    Thanks for all the kind words, all!

@Cookinbob - Let me know how those tenderloins turned out.  Here's to hoping you had some tasty pig!

@ringkingpin - I agree about the vac-packed pork tenderloins.  They just aren't the same.  I'll have to try your marinating method.  Sounds like a great way to introduce marinade deeper into the loin.

@ChuckChampion - Thanks!  Let me know how it goes if you ever decided to give it a try!
    ·
  • That looked great. And yes I did get hungry!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,439
    FuzzyK said:
    @Cookinbob - Let me know how those tenderloins turned out.  Here's to hoping you had some tasty pig!

Turns out I did not get to do them that weekend - it turned into a rib cook.  They are still in the freezer.  I will post with pics when I do them though.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • I marinated and cooked this exactly like you described and it was soooooooo....good!  Thanks!
    ·
  • awmawm Posts: 177
    Thanks for sharing, done this tonight and everyone loved it.
    ·