Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Din Din

Options
Grillmagic
Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
I like Pizza!
Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Other than being an anti-gravity upside wrong side pie, it looks excellent. Details, bought crust? Made with your own hands crust? Temp? Where in the dome etc...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Fine looking pie!  +1 on some deets!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Grillmagic
    Options
    I need help loading pictures, I use my IPhone and I need to figure out how to rotate them so they will be right side up when I post. When I take a photo while holding the phone straight up and down and post they are rotated, the photo above was taken with my phone turned sideways. I guess I just have to play with rotating the photo till I get it right. 
  • Grillmagic
    Options
    Rotated this on my IPhone
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks like a plain ole pepperoni...my favorite kind. Good job.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Grillmagic
    Options
    Rotated again, I think this is right.
  • Grillmagic
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Looks like a plain ole pepperoni...my favorite kind. Good job.
    You are correct on the plain ole pepperoni, I made two for my daughter who had some friends over after swim practice, pepperoni is her favorite and the 6 of them ate most of the two 16 inch pies I made.
  • Grillmagic
    Options

As for the cook it was store bought dough (2-12 inch dough's) from JB's Party Store in Dimondale Michigan. I made pizza at JB's 40 years ago and know how to make their dough but it's easier to just buy them as I need them (they are 1.25 a piece) I like thin crust so I spin the 12 inch dough to fit on a 16 inch pizza screen, the sauce is store bought also and the brand is Dellano and its my favorite, the cheese is a 50/50 mot's and prov. My set up is a full load of lump, plate setter legs up, grill and a raised pizza stone about 1 inch above the felt at 475/500 dome.

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    Nice looking pie!  I like them slightly well done - good browning on the cheez!

As for rotating pics, you can do it with Windows photo viewer or Paint, Paint also lets you resize them if the files are too large.  Never tried it with the phone, find it is a lot of trouble to post more than a brief comment direct from the phone.  I need 10 fingers and a mouse:-)
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    The pie looks great. Its great to know there's another Michigan egghead around here!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Grillmagic
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Cookinbob said:
    Nice looking pie!  I like them slightly well done - good browning on the cheez!

As for rotating pics, you can do it with Windows photo viewer or Paint, Paint also lets you resize them if the files are too large.  Never tried it with the phone, find it is a lot of trouble to post more than a brief comment direct from the phone.  I need 10 fingers and a mouse:-)
    Thumbs up on the well done, IMHO good pizza should look like the top of a nicely browned loaf of bread. The bottom looks just like the top...
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I would easily destroy most of that pie, but your daughter got to it first!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.