Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First crack at ABT's

So I had to try them, and and will deffinetly be having them again. Love these things. Hope everyone had a good weekend and a good week to come. Didnt have a finished pic, i removed the plate setter after an hour and 20 or so just to get the bacon a bit more crispy. Last pic is just of the sky last night, looked pretty cool, need a better camera instead of using the phone all the time.

imageimageimageimage
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
·

Comments

• HotchHotch Posts: 1,304

Hi,

Interesting, I always cut'm in half like a sled. These are like clam shells. Neat idea. In my bag.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 352
    Interesting version using the whole pepper. I'll give it a try.
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,405
    Gotta try it that way, looks good.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • I actually never looked real close to any of the ABT's prior, I was fairly full at the time we made them with some Sunday rums and never even realized they were to be cut in half, as boats. I will try that next time though, they did turn out good whole, but may be more finger food fiendly as a half.
    ·
  • bo31210bo31210 Posts: 405
    I like the whole pepper as well. Definitely trying that soon
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,554
    Looks good Alberta Egger!! what type of cheese did you use to stuff the pepper? alot of people use cream cheese but I don't like cream cheese.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • Grated parm and chedder, I'm going to try something differant for a few times.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,286
    I actually never looked real close to any of the ABT's prior, I was fairly full at the time we made them with some Sunday rums and never even realized they were to be cut in half, as boats. I will try that next time though, they did turn out good whole, but may be more finger food fiendly as a half.
    I've only seen the half peppers recently. I pick out the smallish ones at the store and do them like you did.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I also added a small slice of garlic to each one.
    ·