Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Any half-circle griddle recommended?

Howdy all,
Loving my LBGE here, and looking for a half-circle griddle.  Anyone have any recent experience you'd like to share?  Also, has anyone seen or used this griddle from Target? http://www.target.com/p/half-circle-grill-griddle/-/A-14440162
CC, TX
1 Small, 1 Large, BGE Lump... and a lot of love.
·

Comments

• Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,339
    If I were looking, I'd probably want cast iron.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I have the BGE cast iron half griddle and love it. Great for searing or flip it over and use the grid side for veggies
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • +1 on the BGE half moon griddle. Love mine too!
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • HicHic Posts: 348

I bought the Little Griddle Kettle-Q on Woot a few months ago and only used it once. I'm not sure it was a success but it probably take some getting used to getting the right temp to cook on there. http://www.amazon.com/Little-Griddle-Kettle-Q-KQ17R-Grills/dp/B003VGM012/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1381265684&sr=8-3&keywords=kamado+griddle

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • bicktravbicktrav Posts: 461
    Another vote for the BGE half moon cast iron griddle.  Best accessory purchase I've made.  
    Southern California
    ·
  • NsdexterNsdexter Posts: 136
    I. Like my craycort it's only 1/3rd but works well and is easily removeable
    HFX NS
    ·
  • I appreciate the feedback you guys!  Leaning toward the half-circle cast iron.
    CC, TX
    ·
  • JackhJackh Posts: 100
    I bought a two sided cast iron 1/2 round griddle from Tasty Licks BBQ for $44.95, love it
    Lg&Sm ---Middleport NY
    ·
  • AUWAGAUWAG Posts: 73
    BGE cast iron as well. Burgers are delicious on it!! 
    ·
  • Steve619Steve619 Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    Another vote for the BGE 1/2 moon cast iron. Did blackened salmon on it, came out GREAT!
    ·
  • sweet.
    CC, TX
    ·