Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Any half-circle griddle recommended?

Howdy all,
Loving my LBGE here, and looking for a half-circle griddle.  Anyone have any recent experience you'd like to share?  Also, has anyone seen or used this griddle from Target? http://www.target.com/p/half-circle-grill-griddle/-/A-14440162
CC, TX
1 Small, 1 Large, BGE Lump... and a lot of love.
·

Comments

• Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,361
    If I were looking, I'd probably want cast iron.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I have the BGE cast iron half griddle and love it. Great for searing or flip it over and use the grid side for veggies
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • +1 on the BGE half moon griddle. Love mine too!
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • HicHic Posts: 350

I bought the Little Griddle Kettle-Q on Woot a few months ago and only used it once. I'm not sure it was a success but it probably take some getting used to getting the right temp to cook on there. http://www.amazon.com/Little-Griddle-Kettle-Q-KQ17R-Grills/dp/B003VGM012/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1381265684&sr=8-3&keywords=kamado+griddle

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • bicktravbicktrav Posts: 467
    Another vote for the BGE half moon cast iron griddle.  Best accessory purchase I've made.  
    Southern California
    ·
  • NsdexterNsdexter Posts: 152
    I. Like my craycort it's only 1/3rd but works well and is easily removeable
    HFX NS
    ·
  • I appreciate the feedback you guys!  Leaning toward the half-circle cast iron.
    CC, TX
    ·
  • JackhJackh Posts: 105
    I bought a two sided cast iron 1/2 round griddle from Tasty Licks BBQ for $44.95, love it
    Lg&Sm ---Middleport NY
    ·
  • AUWAGAUWAG Posts: 73
    BGE cast iron as well. Burgers are delicious on it!! 
    ·
  • Steve619Steve619 Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    Another vote for the BGE 1/2 moon cast iron. Did blackened salmon on it, came out GREAT!
    ·
  • sweet.
    CC, TX
    ·