Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

last nights salmon on the small

I don't see a lot of fish pics so I figured I toss up last nights cook here.  

I had three small filets of Salmon from the Faroe Islands.  I got the small piping hot with a raised grill, nice and clean, I oil the grill lightly and then put the salmon steaks skin side down with only salt on the salmon.  I flip it once and done.  They were perfectly cooked, I can't stand over cooked fish.

nice color!  

sizzle sizzle, crispin' up the skin

"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."

• GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 2,423
    Looks incredible.  Thanks for sharing.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees." 
    -Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Peachtree Corners, GA
  • roblewroblew Posts: 78
    My favorite...looks great
    Ringgold GA LBGE
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,995 of my favorites as well!  Nice job!
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks great! I think my small is calling for a meal like this soon..  =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,251
    That looks so good, my family treats salmon like chicken so 99% of the time it's way overcooked because either they are making it or I am serving them.  That is just how I like it.  Nicely done!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Perfect......simple is the best
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,320
    Looks good. I can't seem to get salmon to turn out the way I want it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Nice looking cook!
    Large BGE and new to the egghead world! 
    Orlando FL.
  • Looks good and good for you.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Cooked perfectly, nice job! ^:)^
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,171
    I am with you, I like my salmon that temperate, but my mother in law cooks salmon to the sane consistency as canned salmon..
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,868
    Nice cook. I would be all over that.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • Thanks guys,

I'll try to take some more pics next time.  Basically I let it cook on the skin side the entire time and do one flip just to give it some marks.  I also salt the skin heavily o dehydrate it and make sure it crisps up nicely.  The skin acts like an insulator to some extent and keeps the flesh from burning.  
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."