Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Din Din

I like Pizza!
image.jpg 2.1M
·

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,822
    Other than being an anti-gravity upside wrong side pie, it looks excellent. Details, bought crust? Made with your own hands crust? Temp? Where in the dome etc...
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,350
    Fine looking pie!  +1 on some deets!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • I need help loading pictures, I use my IPhone and I need to figure out how to rotate them so they will be right side up when I post. When I take a photo while holding the phone straight up and down and post they are rotated, the photo above was taken with my phone turned sideways. I guess I just have to play with rotating the photo till I get it right. 
    ·
  • Rotated this on my IPhone
    image.jpg 788.4K
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Looks like a plain ole pepperoni...my favorite kind. Good job.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Rotated again, I think this is right.
    image.jpg 789.9K
    ·
  • Griffin said:
    Looks like a plain ole pepperoni...my favorite kind. Good job.
    You are correct on the plain ole pepperoni, I made two for my daughter who had some friends over after swim practice, pepperoni is her favorite and the 6 of them ate most of the two 16 inch pies I made.
    ·
  • As for the cook it was store bought dough (2-12 inch dough's) from JB's Party Store in Dimondale Michigan. I made pizza at JB's 40 years ago and know how to make their dough but it's easier to just buy them as I need them (they are 1.25 a piece) I like thin crust so I spin the 12 inch dough to fit on a 16 inch pizza screen, the sauce is store bought also and the brand is Dellano and its my favorite, the cheese is a 50/50 mot's and prov. My set up is a full load of lump, plate setter legs up, grill and a raised pizza stone about 1 inch above the felt at 475/500 dome.

·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,491
    Nice looking pie!  I like them slightly well done - good browning on the cheez!

As for rotating pics, you can do it with Windows photo viewer or Paint, Paint also lets you resize them if the files are too large.  Never tried it with the phone, find it is a lot of trouble to post more than a brief comment direct from the phone.  I need 10 fingers and a mouse:-)
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • The pie looks great. Its great to know there's another Michigan egghead around here!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 945
    edited October 2013
    Cookinbob said:
    Nice looking pie!  I like them slightly well done - good browning on the cheez!

As for rotating pics, you can do it with Windows photo viewer or Paint, Paint also lets you resize them if the files are too large.  Never tried it with the phone, find it is a lot of trouble to post more than a brief comment direct from the phone.  I need 10 fingers and a mouse:-)
    Thumbs up on the well done, IMHO good pizza should look like the top of a nicely browned loaf of bread. The bottom looks just like the top...
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,777
    I would easily destroy most of that pie, but your daughter got to it first!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·