Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First crack at ABT's

Options

So I had to try them, and and will deffinetly be having them again. Love these things. Hope everyone had a good weekend and a good week to come. Didnt have a finished pic, i removed the plate setter after an hour and 20 or so just to get the bacon a bit more crispy. Last pic is just of the sky last night, looked pretty cool, need a better camera instead of using the phone all the time.

imageimageimageimage
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Hi,

Interesting, I always cut'm in half like a sled. These are like clam shells. Neat idea. In my bag.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    Options
    Interesting version using the whole pepper. I'll give it a try.
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Gotta try it that way, looks good.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    I actually never looked real close to any of the ABT's prior, I was fairly full at the time we made them with some Sunday rums and never even realized they were to be cut in half, as boats. I will try that next time though, they did turn out good whole, but may be more finger food fiendly as a half.
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    I like the whole pepper as well. Definitely trying that soon
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Looks good Alberta Egger!! what type of cheese did you use to stuff the pepper? alot of people use cream cheese but I don't like cream cheese.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Grated parm and chedder, I'm going to try something differant for a few times.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I actually never looked real close to any of the ABT's prior, I was fairly full at the time we made them with some Sunday rums and never even realized they were to be cut in half, as boats. I will try that next time though, they did turn out good whole, but may be more finger food fiendly as a half.
    I've only seen the half peppers recently. I pick out the smallish ones at the store and do them like you did.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    I also added a small slice of garlic to each one.