Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

BBQ Pork and Pepper Jack Twice-Baked Potatoes

I was digging around the freezer the other day and found a lost package of pulled pork. Wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. Didn't feel like nachos or tacos or quesadillas. Mrs. G showed me a recipe in her Southern Living for twice baked potatoes with bbq pork. Sounded like a winner to me. Baked the potatoes to 210F (my oven is off so I go by temp not time) and let them cool. Mixed the pork with the taters that we scooped out, some milk, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, green onions and 3 tsp Ranch dressing mix, restuffed them, added about 1/2 cup of cheese on top and baked a little longer, 15 to 20.

Drizzled a bit of Stubbs BBQ sauce on top and dinner was served.

I guess I coulda/shoulda baked them on the Egg, but I was lazy. At least the pork was done on the Egg. I know its not something new and earth shattereing, but it was still darn tasty. And I got to use up some leftovers, I have one more for lunch and even froze two for some future time. :)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

Comments