Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Lazy beef flourentine pinwheels

SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 4,544
edited October 2013 in Beef
Picked these up at BJs:

imageimage
Talk about easy!  They even come in a pan you can cook them in.  I dusted them with steak seasoning (Kirkland Signature from Costco) and put them on the egg indirect along with some honey gold potatoes in another pan.  I pulled them at about 135 and let them rest.  

There was a good amount of juice in the pan, so I decided to try a pan sauce.  I poured the juice in a sauce pot and added some balsamic, Worcestershire, steak seasoning, and red pepper jelly.  Brought this to a boil and reduced while the beef rested and the potatoes cooked a little longer.  
imageimageimage

They were really outstanding.  I could probably save a few bucks purchasing the components and building them myself, but for the convenience I think I will just buy them.  

One tip- cut the twine and remove before serving so everyone isn't fighting it at the table ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments