Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

BBQ Pork and Pepper Jack Twice-Baked Potatoes

I was digging around the freezer the other day and found a lost package of pulled pork. Wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. Didn't feel like nachos or tacos or quesadillas. Mrs. G showed me a recipe in her Southern Living for twice baked potatoes with bbq pork. Sounded like a winner to me. Baked the potatoes to 210F (my oven is off so I go by temp not time) and let them cool. Mixed the pork with the taters that we scooped out, some milk, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, green onions and 3 tsp Ranch dressing mix, restuffed them, added about 1/2 cup of cheese on top and baked a little longer, 15 to 20.

Drizzled a bit of Stubbs BBQ sauce on top and dinner was served.

I guess I coulda/shoulda baked them on the Egg, but I was lazy. At least the pork was done on the Egg. I know its not something new and earth shattereing, but it was still darn tasty. And I got to use up some leftovers, I have one more for lunch and even froze two for some future time. :)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments