Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcock and Wings and Corn and Sprouts

Fancy chicken rub on all the chicken.  Soy vay on the Brussels sprouts.  Wings sauced with a mixture of datil pepper hot sauce and Soyaki.  Corn with butter and brai salt. This pic is mid-cook.  Raised direct at 375 dome.  I ended up overcooking the wings and sprouts.  The spatchcock and corn were perfect.

Thanks for looking.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @Foghorn What are you using to raise your main grid, I can't tell from the pic?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Nice cook. I love Soy Vay and that line of sauces.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    @DMW, those are rocks that I found laying around on the ground.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    @caliking and @Dyal_SC, thanks. It was a fun easy week-night cook. I just wish I had done a better job on the wings as they were largely for SWMBO.

San Antonio, TX

• Soy vay?  You mean, oy vey !  Brussels Sprouts are the devil's weed.  The chicken looks great, though.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Foghorn
    Yeah, those were also largely for SWMBO. Bummer that I overcooked the food that was for her.... But my stuff was excellent.

San Antonio, TX

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Mmmm....BGE nice and full. Looks wonderful.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I know you said you weren't coming to salado this year.... Please. I'll be your prep biiiaaatch.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Foghorn
    @henapple, that is a magnanimous offer.  I'm still holding out a little hope but it doesn't seem likely.  There are too many moving parts - son in Japan on spring break trip, in-laws in town, etc.  Most impprtantly, son doesn't want his mom to realize that Salado is a great, quaint town that is worth visiting as he wants it to be a "just us guys" thing in the future.  We told SWMBO it was like Woodstock with too many people and not enough porta-potties.  ;)

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Foghorn said:
    @henapple, that is a magnanimous offer.  I'm still holding out a little hope but it doesn't seem likely.  There are too many moving parts - son in Japan on spring break trip, in-laws in town, etc.  Most impprtantly, son doesn't want his mom to realize that Salado is a great, quaint town that is worth visiting as he wants it to be a "just us guys" thing in the future.  We told SWMBO it was like Woodstock with too many people and not enough porta-potties.  ;)
    You forgot about the naked mud wrestling. That creek is there for a reason.