Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New BGE'er from NC

tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 1,097
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone!  I just became a new member of the BGE owner association CULT.  Love this site so far as it has TONS of information regarding anything and every thing for BGE.  I was able to land a pretty good deal on a used (only once) large BGE from a lady that won it from a raffle.  She said "I did not like it".  I offered her what I thought was a fair amount  for the Egg and Nest and she took it! 

I do not have pictures, but I did cook on it Saturday (I brought it home Thursday).  However the product was nothing to write home about, but I cooked some skinless, boneless chicken breast (indirectly) at around 250°-270° for around 1hr 30min.  I must say it was very moist and had tons of flavor.  I took some red wine vinegar to wet the chicken and rubbed it with Bad Byrons and some Montreal Steak seasoning.  Came out beautifully!  I hope some of the stores have Boston Butts on sale this week.  Really want one of those. 

Thanks,

Matthew
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomasville, NC - Large BGE (w/Nest) - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg)

Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments