Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New BGE'er from NC

tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 902
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone!  I just became a new member of the BGE owner association CULT.  Love this site so far as it has TONS of information regarding anything and every thing for BGE.  I was able to land a pretty good deal on a used (only once) large BGE from a lady that won it from a raffle.  She said "I did not like it".  I offered her what I thought was a fair amount  for the Egg and Nest and she took it! 

I do not have pictures, but I did cook on it Saturday (I brought it home Thursday).  However the product was nothing to write home about, but I cooked some skinless, boneless chicken breast (indirectly) at around 250°-270° for around 1hr 30min.  I must say it was very moist and had tons of flavor.  I took some red wine vinegar to wet the chicken and rubbed it with Bad Byrons and some Montreal Steak seasoning.  Came out beautifully!  I hope some of the stores have Boston Butts on sale this week.  Really want one of those. 

Thanks,

Matthew
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomasville, NC - Large BGE (w/Nest) - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg)

Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments