Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE'er from NC

tarheelmatt
tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone!  I just became a new member of the BGE owner association CULT.  Love this site so far as it has TONS of information regarding anything and every thing for BGE.  I was able to land a pretty good deal on a used (only once) large BGE from a lady that won it from a raffle.  She said "I did not like it".  I offered her what I thought was a fair amount  for the Egg and Nest and she took it! 

I do not have pictures, but I did cook on it Saturday (I brought it home Thursday).  However the product was nothing to write home about, but I cooked some skinless, boneless chicken breast (indirectly) at around 250°-270° for around 1hr 30min.  I must say it was very moist and had tons of flavor.  I took some red wine vinegar to wet the chicken and rubbed it with Bad Byrons and some Montreal Steak seasoning.  Came out beautifully!  I hope some of the stores have Boston Butts on sale this week.  Really want one of those. 

------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Congrats!  The first cook on the Egg is always something to write home about and remember.  Good luck with the Boston Butt this weekend.  Although you probably won't need any luck.

Cheers and welcome to the site!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Hello everyone!  I just became a new member of the BGE  owner association CULT.  Love this site so far as it has TONS of information regarding anything and every thing for BGE.  I was able to land a pretty good deal on a used (only once) large BGE from a lady that won it from a raffle.  She said "I did not like it".  I offered her what I thought was a fair amount  for the Egg and Nest and she took it! 

I do not have pictures, but I did cook on it Saturday (I brought it home Thursday).  However the product was nothing to write home about, but I cooked some skinless, boneless chicken breast (indirectly) at around 250°-270° for around 1hr 30min.  I must say it was very moist and had tons of flavor.  I took some red wine vinegar to wet the chicken and rubbed it with Bad Byrons and some Montreal Steak seasoning.  Came out beautifully!  I hope some of the stores have Boston Butts on sale this week.  Really want one of those. 

Fixed it for you.

Welcome!
  • @tarheelmatt congrats on you new BGE welcome to the world of Eggheads 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Welcome to the journey!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Welcome aboard and have fun learning and sharing. And remember, pics or it didn't happen. :)

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • tarheelmatt
    Hello everyone!  I just became a new member of the BGE  owner association CULT.  Love this site so far as it has TONS of information regarding anything and every thing for BGE.  I was able to land a pretty good deal on a used (only once) large BGE from a lady that won it from a raffle.  She said "I did not like it".  I offered her what I thought was a fair amount  for the Egg and Nest and she took it! 

Fixed it for you.

Welcome!
      Haha... I edited my original!  Thanks for setting me straight! 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Welcome to the lifestyle!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    DMW said:
    Welcome aboard and have fun learning and sharing. And remember, pics or it didn't happen. :)

After trolling while my membership was being approved, I got a great sense that pictures are a must.  That is great as photography is a second job for me!  However, I have none to post currently from my first experience :(. 

If I cook a butt this weekend I will be sure to document! 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    By the way,

DOOK sucks!
  • tarheelmatt
    By the way,

DOOK sucks!
    :) I approve this comment!  I love those Tar Heels! 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Welcome ... I live just above you between Walburg and Midway...

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• 'I did not like it"???

HERESY!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Welcome... Lots of pics.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,173
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Welcome to the herd. Enjoy the ride.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Welcome Matt, I hope you enjoy your new egg (as I am sure you will), I also live in N.C. about 11/2 hrs away. Great to have you aboard!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Welcome aboard and enjoy!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Welcome aboard... you have a lot of catching up to do!

Just kidding. You're in for a great time (with a great bunch of folks).

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • tarheelmatt
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!  Wow, I am apart of many forums, but I must say, this one is so far the most welcoming! 

Thanks to all!  Looking forward to contributing and interacting with everyone. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site