Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Finally doing jerky on Egg

So I've been intending to do jerky awhile. Finally doing it. Bought 5.3# of beef today. Three diff cuts. Top round steak, flank steak, and rump toast.
Flank steak same price as choice ribeye!!
So I sliced up this afternoon. Some were strips, some wide and thin, some little pieces bc leftover. Cut out as much fat as I could.
My marinade was all eye test. Allegro classic, worsterchire, soy sauce, sea salt, pepper, brown sugar, garlic salt, onion powder.
Anything else recommend I add? I was think ~24 hours in that. Sound right or less? It seemed salty. Hopefully doesn't taste salty once done.
I am using mesquite wood chips and Best of the West lump (first time using)
I plan to use small pile of lump and wood chips. PS legs up. Aluminum lasagna pan filled with ice on the feet and PS. Grate on top of that. Top and bottom vents barely open.

Any other tips? Areas for improvement?

Boom

Comments