Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Better side-shelves for the LBGE

Hey gang..does anyone have a good source for 'better' / nicer side shelves for the LBGE (preferably something built out of a nice wood or metal)?  The ones they are selling now are really cheap and hokey looking.

Thx!
Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
·

Comments

• DredgerDredger Posts: 277
    I agree SmokyBear. We went to our dealer to pick up a set and decided against it for the same reason you stated. We've been looking at a folding kitchen cart that can be used for other purposes too as well as a side table for the Egg. I just checked and it is on sale today at HSN. We were so impressed with the Origami line that we also got the large shelves for the garage to house all of our eggsecories.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
    ·
  • HicHic Posts: 350
    I was @ my local Ace on Saturday and they had replacement shelves made from Cypress. They were pretty nice.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • SmokyBearSmokyBear Posts: 315
    Hic said:
    I was @ my local Ace on Saturday and they had replacement shelves made from Cypress. They were pretty nice.
    Cool!  Were they made for the Egg, or "generic" replacement shelves?  Do you know a manufacturer or anything that might help track these down at my local Ace? 
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,687

A dealer near me sells this ... (disclaimer: I don't have nor need it since I have ss cart, so don't know if it's good)

canuckland
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    You have the frame... Make your own. Cypress, Ipe, cedar....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SmokyBearSmokyBear Posts: 315
    I unfortunately have zero skills with power tools - nor any time to do that..
    ·