Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

MBGE For Sale - South-Metro Atlanta

Hello forum,

I am selling my medium egg, SS grid, nest, platesetter, cast iron grid, and pizza stone for $750 (or best offer).  I will also throw in a bag of lump and oak chunks.  I got the egg back in May, so it still has the good wooden handle.  I am not leaving the egg community; in fact, I hope to buy a LBGE demo egg at Eggtoberfest next year (and hopefully win a Mini at Salado!).  I am selling the medium because I am moving my family to Elijay, GA to open my own State Farm office and we could use the extra money this year for Christmas.

I will post some pics when I get back home.  I haven't posted the sale anywhere else as I wanted to give the forum first dibs if anyone is interested.

I live in Locust Grove, GA.

Chris

christopherwang00@gmail.com

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·

Comments

• nealcr1nealcr1 Posts: 179
    Good Luck, Chris.  I hope the residuals treat you well!
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,276
    Check craigslist... There's an outbreak of new mediums for $450. Just letting you know. Good luck with the new business.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,878
    $750 is almost what it costs new.. in California where prices are higher. no offense,but if I'm buying an egg without warranty it had better be almost 50% off sticker price.
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    edited October 2013
    Ah okay. Thanks for the heads up @henapple and @bys1981!

What's a good suggested price?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,878
    I'd search craiglist and check prices.
    ·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 467
    Chris, good luck in Elijay, the family owns property there, beautiful place.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,722
    I'll buy it for $300 and it will be there if you want it back.
    ·
    @Crimsongator We should start a Rent-An-Egg company.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,633
    I'd think there would be other things that I could sell other then my one and only Egg.  Trust me, the stress of getting a new business off the ground will be high and you will possibly need a little decompression time a few times a week which could be used productively preparing a meal.

Personally I'd only consider selling it if you haven't registered it and could offer the warranty to said purchaser.   That would increase the value considerably on the used market.

Just my two cents.  Good luck with the new business and move. I just don't think you will get near your wanted price if the warranty isn't included and you've already bought many accessories.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,863
    good luck, sorry to lose another MBGE owner! New cost on the west coast is about $700, like a car the options are worth very little on a used cooker. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    Thanks guys. It's like I've been talked off the ledge lol.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,376
    Congrats on the new job.  Ellijay is a beautiful area.  

Good luck on whatever you decide...but I agree with others that you will likely have to take a pretty big hit on the medium. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,722
    $350?
    ·
    @crimsongator Nah man, I'll hold on to it.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • EGGATLEGGATL Posts: 22

I have always heard that the medium BGE will perform better at higher altitudes.

:)

Atlanta, Georgia area
    ·