Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ribs for the neighbors...Pictures

I went to our business Costco yesterday to pick up a few items and couldn't pass up the commodity spare rib's. These two racks of ribs way a total of 12 pounds. They will cook for about seven hours. The only seasoning that I applied was kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. These are the beginning pictures, I will post the finished product when complete. Stoker is set and this allows me to leave to do all my running around today without worrying about my pit temperature. The pictures show the starting of the fire and also the barbecue Monitor I use to check the pit temp from my iPhone when I'm away from the house

Comments

• HotchHotch Posts: 2,609
    Do you have your Stoker wired or wireless to your house setup?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • My Stoker is connected to my airport express
  • Finished ribs One rack for us, other for neighbor
  • dang, one heck of a neighbor :-bd
    Beaufort, SC
  • DfishelDfishel Posts: 104
    Wow!! They look amazing. I never cook pork ribs only beef, but I might just need to give it a try.
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,486
    John, have you ever gone to slow in Berkeley?
  • HotchHotch Posts: 2,609
    I need to move in next door. Nice ribs.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • thailandjohnthailandjohn Posts: 952
    edited October 2013
    BYS1981 said:
    Not sure what you mean by slow in Berkeley
    John, have you ever gone to slow in Berkeley?

• BYS1981... I found a "Slow" in Berkeley but it is not a BBQ place....I did find a "Slow" in Pleasant Hill and this looks like the real deal....at least the kind of place I like...they have the same philosophy about cooking and serving Q that I have...check out their website. http://www.slowhandbbq.com
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 7,280
    There is a house for sale in front of me...
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thomasville, North Cackalack - Large BGE - Medium BGE - KJ Jr - 36" Blackstone
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,486

BY hiS1981...
    I found a "Slow" in Berkeley but it is not a BBQ place....I did find a "Slow" in Pleasant Hill and this looks like the real deal....at least the kind of place I like...they have the same philosophy about cooking and serving Q that I have...check out their website. http://www.slowhandbbq.com

nice,I will check that out. slow in Berkeley is a sandwich place near the campus, it's good. I am around their sometimes with work.