Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Catfish

Options
Turned out really good.  Plated pic not beautiful because the fish was so delicate it broke up some.  Enough griddle, tomorrow grilled pork chops.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Awesome looking meal Doc!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    From Feb-May I catch about 30-80lbs of catfish a week. That's before I clean of course. I give 95% away bc only way I know to eat is fried and I eat very little fried food.
    So I'm very interested in how to cook on egg.
    Boom
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    From Feb-May I catch about 30-80lbs of catfish a week. That's before I clean of course. I give 95% away bc only way I know to eat is fried and I eat very little fried food. So I'm very interested in how to cook on egg.
    This was in essence fried, but very light in oil, and that was PAM.  I suspect you could cook on a sheet of tinfoil and bake it as well.  This was not anywhere like a deep fried fillet.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited October 2013
    Options
    @FanOfFanboys - try spreading some 1/4" orange slice in a pan, some folks use lemon, put the cajun dusted fillets on the orange slices and dump some old white wine in the pan, maybe 1/8". 

Toss into a 400º egg and cook indirect 'till it flakes a bit, not long. I like cajun seasoning and the catfish takes on the flavour very well. Pan/griddle fried cajun is also good - much like Doc did. 

PS - looking good Doc, assume the better half has finally shaken the galloping crud she had? 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options

PS - looking good Doc, assume the better half has finally shaken the galloping crud she had? 
    Yes thank you.  She said this morning that it was the best night's sleep she'd had in weeks.