Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Catfish

Turned out really good.  Plated pic not beautiful because the fish was so delicate it broke up some.  Enough griddle, tomorrow grilled pork chops.

Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

Comments

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 2,794
    Awesome looking meal Doc!!

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky. Waitin to find a Sasquatch to Egg.
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,593
    From Feb-May I catch about 30-80lbs of catfish a week. That's before I clean of course. I give 95% away bc only way I know to eat is fried and I eat very little fried food.
    So I'm very interested in how to cook on egg.
    Boom
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,918
    From Feb-May I catch about 30-80lbs of catfish a week. That's before I clean of course. I give 95% away bc only way I know to eat is fried and I eat very little fried food. So I'm very interested in how to cook on egg.
    This was in essence fried, but very light in oil, and that was PAM.  I suspect you could cook on a sheet of tinfoil and bake it as well.  This was not anywhere like a deep fried fillet.
    Pasquali Luciano

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 5,734
    edited October 2013
    @FanOfFanboys - try spreading some 1/4" orange slice in a pan, some folks use lemon, put the cajun dusted fillets on the orange slices and dump some old white wine in the pan, maybe 1/8". 

Toss into a 400º egg and cook indirect 'till it flakes a bit, not long. I like cajun seasoning and the catfish takes on the flavour very well. Pan/griddle fried cajun is also good - much like Doc did. 

PS - looking good Doc, assume the better half has finally shaken the galloping crud she had? 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,918

PS - looking good Doc, assume the better half has finally shaken the galloping crud she had? 
    Yes thank you.  She said this morning that it was the best night's sleep she'd had in weeks.
    Pasquali Luciano