Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My Take On Sauce

I've been experimenting with BBQ sauce for the past couple of months and I think I'm getting close to a recipe with which I can be happy.  The ingredients are a bit unconventional but I don't think anyone trying it will feel like it is completely bonkers.  Also, I wanted to start from whole ingredients and not depend on other sauces (i.e. ketchup, Tabasco).  I thought I would post it up here and get some thoughts and possibly feedback from you guys.

1. Organic tomato sauce - 1 can
  2. Red wine - 1.5 shots
  3. Molasses - 3 tbs
  4. Honey - 2 tbs
  5. Salt - 1 tsp
  6. Chipotle chili powder - 1/2 tsp
  7. Cracked black pepper - 1 tsp
  8. Cinnamon - lite sprinkle (proceed with caution)

It's a work in progress so feel free to tear me a new one.

·

Comments

• Hey, whatever you like is the perfect recipe.  I would  think garlic and perhaps cumin might add favorably to the taste.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • BadongBadong Posts: 125
    mmmm . . . cumin.  I love that stuff.  I almost added it this time around but I didn't want to change too many things at once.
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,792
    I'm to use later
    Boom
    ·