Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Woo for Mini

I'm a new owner of the BGE-a Mini. (Craig'sList $250 with wooden table!). It came with a ceramic grill, diameter 9 1/2 inches, so the Mini Woo won't fit :-(. Any suggestions for any easy way to raise the grill? I really want to do a spatchcocked chicken, but think the grill, as it is, would be too close to the heat. I'm also considering buying another grill, cast iron or steel, just so I canq buy the Woo. Thanks! Kathryn
·

Comments

• MklineMkline Posts: 177
    I had the same issue when i bought my first mini. I bought the Woo regardless and cut down the support rods and it fits just fine. 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,422
    Just buy a 10" SS and all works well.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,661
    edited October 2013
    It works with the 9.5 just fine , just be carefully but not an issue and u save $40.
    Edit: not sure about newest model but the previous one claimed it needed 10" and its not a must.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Ok-thanks! I will go ahead and order the mini Woo
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,661
    edited October 2013
    At least on mine it sits atop the woo...it won't latch in since its a bit smaller but sits and is usable.

Don't shoot the messenger if it does not work out I believe my woo is also the prior model. 2nd edition of the 3 if I understand correctly.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,324
    I think the grid changes went something like....9" porcelain, 9.5" porcelain, 10" porcelain, 9.5" stainless and back to 10" stainless.  Oh man, I need a whiskey with a splash now.......lol

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Reviving an old topic.  So I am the proud owner of a brand new mini.  For indirect, I need the mini woo and the pizza stones?

Is this all I need for indirect or am I missing something?  I am putting together gift ideas for fathers day.  :)
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • You need one pizza stone to cook indirectly and another to cook the pizza on.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    Thank you sir!  So the two links I provided should get me going.  Anything else you would recommend?  I was thinking a cast iron grate but the stainless steel grate has given me terrific grill marks so far.

·
  • Nothing else is needed. CI grids are a personal preference issue. I like mine.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    I may save that for a later present.  Christmas or something.  Thanks again!
    ·