Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Dueling BGEs!

First time I have been able to run both eggs at the same time. So far everything is going great. I put the 10.5lb brisket on at about 2am and it is sitting at 191 IT right right now.  I put the apple cider soaked ribs on at about 12:30 cooking at 250. Now it's just a waiting game, good thing I have cold beer.
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went

Comments

• brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 358
    Looks good. Can't wait to hear how it all turns out.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    edited October 2013
    That'll be some serious good eating!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
  • It turned out great. It was the best brisket I have done yet. The ribs were good, room for improvement but everyone loved them. I also did some bacon wrapped jalapeño venison popper bites that turned out great as well. I forgot to snap a pic when everything was done :-( maybe one of my friends got a pic  
    20131019_163035.jpg
    4128 x 2322 - 3M
    Pure Michigan
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 5,281
    What a feast! What did you rub the brisket with?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • butertbutert Posts: 84
    Can we get the recipient for your jalapeño bites @shadowcaster?
    Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,841
    Sounds like a great feast. I love using both of my eggs at the same time, so many possibilities!  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 432
    What a great way to spend a sunday! Beer, bbq, football, and time! Love the long cooks! :D
  • @caliking i just used yellow mustard, brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, ground cumin, and some ancho chili pepper. The last time I did one I had a recipe that I followed for a rub but it was waaay to salty so I backed off on the salt this time and just made my own rub.

@butert the venison bites were really easy, I kind of just winged it but they turned out great. I marinated the steaks in a little bit of Buddy's Pizza Italian dressing, hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, and just some spices. I have a Venison rub that I really like, I got in from Klenow's, a meat market in East Tawas. Whenever someone goes up there I have them pick some up for me. Cut the steaks into small strips, about 1" x 2" then cut the bacon in half. I put the venison on the bacon, then put some cream cheese on the venison and topped it off with a couple slices of jalapeno. I bought the jar of sliced jalapeno and cut the slices in half. Roll it all up in the bacon and stick a toothpick through them and you are done. I cooked it with the plate setter @ 450* I like doing indirect because you can leave them on longer allowing the bacon to get crispy. If you come up with a different variation of this let me know, I would love to try it.
    Pure Michigan