Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Pork ????

Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,709
Goin to do some PP for some Brunswick stew I have a 7 1/2lb butt and was thinkin of using a chipotle injection. I have never injected but was curious if that would change the cooking times I am used to. Just trying to decide if I need to put it on low & slow for an overnighter or do my normal of 350* straight thru which should take about a touch over 5hrs. Stew is for supper tomorrow night.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
    Vote your normal way. Just to many things can go south on the overnight. I never inject, that is what spice is for while you pull it.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,424
    I inject mine with a vinegar marinade... I cook it as any other.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,709
    Thanks guys that is what I was hoping to hear. Overnight sucks even with a Maverick, I prefer to sleep when the sun ain't up!!

·
    @Mickey - I have never wrapped for turbo because I like really crunchy bark, but goin in a stew this shouldn't matter. With your method what is a time guesstimate?

·
    Done50/50 on wrap. I think I am about out of the wrap club.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    @Mickey - I have never wrapped for turbo because I like really crunchy bark, but goin in a stew this shouldn't matter. With your method what is a time guesstimate?

5 to 6. Hard guess

·
    Mickey said:

Done50/50 on wrap. I think I am about out of the wrap club.

Are you contemplating the 350* naked club?

·
  • Tried to post a ? on the naked 350* method for PP and it went into cyber space. Does the butt stay as moist using this method...Thanks

Alexander City,Al
    ·