Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Beef Short Rib Question

Was at the Asian market today and couldn't resist a big meaty 4 bone beef short rib on special ($3.59).  They are going on the egg tomorrow with some pork side ribs too ($1.99/lb and I trim them down) but I wonder if I need to do anything special to the short ribs?

Should I marinate them for a few hours tomorrow morning?  Is there a membrane to pull?  What rubs do you recommend?  I'm thinking a bit of Byron's Butt Rub + extra black pepper (or maybe Montreal Steak).  Do I need to spritz or baste them during the cook?

I have company coming for dinner and I'm doing something new so I'd like to knock it out of the park for the double wow factor of Dino bones and superior flavour.

Large BGE

Comments