Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st Butt On The BGE!!!

kywaterfowlerkywaterfowler Posts: 25
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Well I have my first butt on the egg and hopefully it will turn out right. I am trying the turbo method.

Mt. Washington, KY
Large Egg
iGrill2
·

Comments

• Good luck ky. I've never done the turbo method. I like to make the cook last as long as possible to increase the time outside with adult beverages. :D
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,483
    Nice little fire pit in the background. Don't forget to FTC for at least 30-60 min after the cook.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • I would be outside today but it's 48 degrees and raining outside.
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Large Egg
    iGrill2
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,855
    Your weather sounds identical to mine, whereabouts in Ky you at?

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • Mt. Washington
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Large Egg
    iGrill2
    ·
  • All done
    image.jpg 2.3M
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Large Egg
    iGrill2
    ·
  • That looks super good!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,855
    Looks really juicy and tender!! I pass thru Mt Washington from time to time for work

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,675
    @kywaterfowler-welcome and enjoy the journey.  If you are ever in search of some lump there's a place in IN (exit 7 off I-65N) that handles Ozark Oak, WGWW and a few others. Here's the # 812-248-2233 and the web site www.charcoalandmore.com
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·