Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1st Butt On The BGE!!!

kywaterfowlerkywaterfowler Posts: 25
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Well I have my first butt on the egg and hopefully it will turn out right. I am trying the turbo method.

Mt. Washington, KY
Large Egg
iGrill2

Comments

• Good luck ky. I've never done the turbo method. I like to make the cook last as long as possible to increase the time outside with adult beverages. :D
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,870
    Nice little fire pit in the background. Don't forget to FTC for at least 30-60 min after the cook.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

• I would be outside today but it's 48 degrees and raining outside.
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Large Egg
    iGrill2
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,832
    Your weather sounds identical to mine, whereabouts in Ky you at?

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Mt. Washington
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Large Egg
    iGrill2
  • All done
    image.jpg 2.3M
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Large Egg
    iGrill2
  • That looks super good!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,832
    Looks really juicy and tender!! I pass thru Mt Washington from time to time for work

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 8,217
    @kywaterfowler-welcome and enjoy the journey.  If you are ever in search of some lump there's a place in IN (exit 7 off I-65N) that handles Ozark Oak, WGWW and a few others. Here's the # 812-248-2233 and the web site www.charcoalandmore.com
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker