Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

ah...planning a self-reward ahead

RRPRRP Posts: 16,137
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
yesterday in anticipation of doing yard work this afternoon I prepared 12 ABTs as a self-reward when I was done. Sure enough after 3 hours this afternoon I fired up my large to 350 - threw in some cherry for smoke and watched while I relaxed.

Then 30 minutes later they were ready and I enjoyed some of these with a cold brewski!
Ron
Dunlap, IL

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    it's nice to be you ^:)^
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• RRPRRP Posts: 16,137
    Mickey - I left out my being a retired f*rt part, but you too my Texan friend will soon be able to spend your days your way!!!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • they look amazing I hope they tasted as good as they look 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Hard to beat abt's and beer!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

they look amazing I hope they tasted as good as they look 
    Trust me - they did! I had half a beef smokey buried under the cheese and then I used DP's Shakin the Tree rub to spice them up a tad. Two of them never even made it in the house! hehehe
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,155
    sounds like a good day to me!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,311
    Good stuff. Usually takes a 6 pack just to start yard work here! :D
  • Love ABTs and those look killer'
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,015
    That is my kinda yard work !!! Looks good @RRP

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,379

Ron,

If you come over here I'll make you some really good ABT's if you do a little yardwork for me.

:))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,806
    shtgunal3 said:
    Hard to beat abt's and beer!
    +1

Ron,

If you come over here I'll make you some really good ABT's if you do a little yardwork for me.

:))
    ABTs but no beer? See - I caught that slight of hand...LOL
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    If you do the fertilizing and overseeding I'll give you a few beers...sheesh!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I have a full day of yard work tomorrow. And you have just inspired me for some early afternoon ABT snacks before dinner. I have not tried them. But I hope to tomorrow. Thanks for that.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

If you do the fertilizing and overseeding I'll give you a few beers...sheesh!
    a few beer you say...be careful my friend, don't insult me...I happen to know you are the Royal Electrican reporting only to the Queen of England herself! You try to act like common folk here...but I know better...
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766
    One thing you can do Steven is create fertilizer  :-)
    One thing you can do Steven is create fertilizer  :-)
    Bravo Gino! Author..Author!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766

It was just hanging out there ready to be knocked out of the park brother