Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best bet for buying brisket in Ontario

2»

Comments

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,468
    edited October 2013
    Happy Birthday gmac, you can use candles to light your lump!
    canuckland
    ·
  • gmacgmac Posts: 460
    Thanks Canugghead.  Where about in TO are you?  My wife is from Markham/Ellesmere area but I still married her.

Mt Elgin Ontario
    ·
    Actually I'm in Vaughan (Thornhill), the city above TO! but I got beat by @TexanOfTheNorth who's in Aurora. 

With your significant other's Scarberia background, SWMBO takes on a whole new meaning, kidding ;))
    canuckland
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,059
    @BigWader, thanks, I phoned Highland Packers in Stoney Creek a while back, their selection and prices is very good indeed. I believe they supply the whole porchetta to Niagara eggfest every year too.  Unfortunately Stoney Creek is kind of out of my way.

Gary,

There is a Highland Farms on Hurontario (HWY #10) in Mississauga just north of 401

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    edited October 2013
    Brother in law is in Vaughn. He doesn't have an egg so we don't count him. My village is called Mt Elgin. We have a population of 200 and 4 Eggers so we may have the highest per capita egg density in the free world. And the chicken's came out awesome but with the BGE, how can it be anything but? Trying my new American Pale Ale recipe with it. Good beer, good meat, good gracious.
    Mt Elgin Ontario
    ·
    edited October 2013
    Steven, 
    Highland Farms and Highland Packers are different entities.  Highland Farms's North York location is within 15 minutes of my house, but we're talking about this place in Stoney Creek:
    canuckland
    ·
    Highland Farms has brisket! :(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Oh!  Highland Packers was brought up when I asked about piglet!
    canuckland
    ·
    Sorry man! Had a few tonight so far. Been making lobster stock for hours.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 811
    I have been through Mt Elgin on the way to Port Dover, I like the bakery in Courtland.  You don't find scratch bakeries like that much anymore.

Gerhard
    ·
    Must be a biker.
    Mt Elgin Ontario
    ·
    Is the bakery a hangout for bikers?

Gerhard
    ·
    :) no the bakery is a hangout for bakers. Around here if someone says they were going to Dover we just assume they were headed down on for the Friday 13 bike rally. It's 4 am and my brisket just went on. Too early to take pictures.
    Mt Elgin Ontario
    ·
    Yes it would have been on a Friday the 13th, I haven't been for awhile but if the roads are clear and no salt December might be interesting just to see who rides that late into the year.

Gerhard
    ·
    By the way guys Zehrs has NZ lamb racks and legs half price this week. Didn't see any shanks.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggdamEggdam Posts: 214
    I buy all my briskets at Roberts Boxed Meats in Kitchener.  Price varies from 2.50 to 3.50 a pound.  The grade varies a bit but the lowest grade I have seen is AA.  They sometimes have Choice certified Angus as well.
    ·
    Thanks never heard of Roberts but will make a point of checking the place out next time I am in Kitchener.

Gerhard
    ·