Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's On Tap This Weekend?

2»

Comments

• Pizza tonight . . . wings for the FSU/Clemson game tomorrow night.  
    If we lived closer, we'd go to VI's for rum and nachos. 
    I'll meet you half way.   :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @Village_Idiot, What kind of rum? It might be liquid lunches all weekend so I can try and meet you halfway based on my stock. Don Q, Bacardi Gold, and Bacardi 8 anos. Cuba Libre's?
  • @Village_Idiot, What kind of rum? It might be liquid lunches all weekend so I can try and meet you halfway based on my stock. Don Q, Bacardi Gold, and Bacardi 8 anos. Cuba Libre's?
    SÍ, Señor.  Cuba Libres.  Actually, my rum of choice for Cubies is Cruzan Rum.  Last time I bought rum for Cubies, my liquor store was out of Cruzan, so I got Bacardi Gold.  Just wasn't the same.

What's half way .... Greeneville TN?  Good !  We'll crash at my SIL's house.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Eggcelsior
    @Village_Idiot, What kind of rum? It might be liquid lunches all weekend so I can try and meet you halfway based on my stock. Don Q, Bacardi Gold, and Bacardi 8 anos. Cuba Libre's?
    SÍ, Señor.  Cuba Libres.  Actually, my rum of choice for Cubies is Cruzan Rum.  Last time I bought rum for Cubies, my liquor store was out of Cruzan, so I got Bacardi Gold.  Just wasn't the same.

At my Bacardi factory tour in Puerto Rico, I was told that it can only be a Cuba Libre with Bacardi Gold. Otherwise it's just Rum & Coke. Apparently, if you ask for "Cuba Libre" in a bar they must serve you Bacardi Gold. If you say "Rum and Coke", you get rail.

I say, "potato, po-tah-to".(Or sugar cane, in this case)
  • @Village_Idiot, What kind of rum? It might be liquid lunches all weekend so I can try and meet you halfway based on my stock. Don Q, Bacardi Gold, and Bacardi 8 anos. Cuba Libre's?

At my Bacardi factory tour in Puerto Rico, I was told that it can only be a Cuba Libre with Bacardi Gold. Otherwise it's just Rum & Coke. Apparently, if you ask for "Cuba Libre" in a bar they must serve you Bacardi Gold. If you say "Rum and Coke", you get rail.

I say, "potato, po-tah-to".(Or sugar cane, in this case)
    That's a great tour, especially the hospitality tent afterwards. I don't remember there being any limit on how much you could drink.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    TOTN, Nope, no limit if I can remember ;) It was either a mojito or Cuba Libre or one of their fruity rums. Good times.
  • I would rather have a Mojito.
    Flint, Michigan
  • That's not my understanding.  A Cuba Libre is rum, coke, and a twist of lime.  Without the lime, it's a rum and coke.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Pizza tonight . . . wings for the FSU/Clemson game tomorrow night.  
    How do you do your wings?  I got a recipe/technique from one of the mothership chefs that is outstanding.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    They use a domestic rum in Cuba

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I am doing a pork tenderloin tonight(recipe from eggtober fest), beef ribs Saturday night and a modified version of cow lick chili on sunday.  life is good.
  • double_ds said:
    Pizza tonight . . . wings for the FSU/Clemson game tomorrow night.  
    How do you do your wings?  I got a recipe/technique from one of the mothership chefs that is outstanding.

Hi, @double_ds -- THIS is my go-to wing "recipe" -- 300F for about an hour, raised direct.  
    Tell me more about the mothership chef's recipe. :)
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Just tossed a 10# butt on- not sure why as going to a pig pickin tomorrow
    Greensboro, NC
  • double_ds said:
    Pizza tonight . . . wings for the FSU/Clemson game tomorrow night.  

Hi, @double_ds -- THIS is my go-to wing "recipe" -- 300F for about an hour, raised direct.  
    Tell me more about the mothership chef's recipe. :)
    Marinate over night in fridge.  For marinade put wings in big zip lock bag with a beer, salt, pepper and seasoning of your choice.  I used seasoning i made for beer butt chicken.  Used about a tbl of each.  Cook wings indirect at 350 for about an hour and a half, flipping them every 20-30 minutes.  I toss my wife's in wing sauce but I like mine as they are.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Got really sweet tickets to the Book of Mormon play at the newly re-opened Saenger in New Orleans tomorrow night.  Might cook some fresh tuna on the egg tonight.
    That's not my understanding.  A Cuba Libre is rum, coke, and a twist of lime.  Without the lime, it's a rum and coke.

I'm just going by what Bacardi told me. Hey, they were handing out free booze... I couldn't care less as long as it tastes good.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Burgers, dogs, and beer tonight. Working sat,sun, & mon.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• That's not my understanding.  A Cuba Libre is rum, coke, and a twist of lime.  Without the lime, it's a rum and coke.

I'm just going by what Bacardi told me. Hey, they were handing out free booze... I couldn't care less as long as it tastes good.

That's like saying it ain't a Buffalo Wing unless it was cooked in Buffalo. Don't get me started on Champagne vs. sparkling wine!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    @Lit Nutella S'mores were a hit. Thanks for sharing! Didn't have time to take a pic... they were devoured (and my fingers were sticky).

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    No Egging this weekend. Visiting the kids and grand daughter in NYC. Dinner tonight at the Butcher Bar in Astoria. Brisket was actually pretty good for a Greek owned place with a cook from Austin Texas.
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    In Tally, brought the chicken pot pie, visiting the Grands for a flag football game, baseball tournament, and a pumpkin carving party while watching the FSU/Clemson game. Fun! Wish me luck that I survive the weekend! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    @Chris_Wang glad you guys liked them.
  • Eggcelsior
    @fred19flinstone, what is your issue with champagne vs sparkling wine? Personally I can appreciate why champagne is a sparkling wine but all sparkling wine isn't always champagne due to the fact that they aren't made in the Champagne region of France and typically aren't made the same way. Sort of like putting beans in chili, I suppose ;)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Pork shoulder blade roast turbo-smoking now, will chop it up and add it to a pot of Hatch green chile stew.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Unknown. Heading to friends to eat tonight. They don't grill/egg but that's ok. The chow is always good. As much wine will be consumed, I have no clue as to what I'll do tomorrow. Got some dino bones in the freezer. Maybe those and some Tylenol?

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I just picked up a 2" thick Grass Fed Porterhouse.  That's Sunday Funday dinner.

@eggcelsior  Also re: Cuba Libre:  Lime is the answer.  Bo figure what'd they say at the Bacardi Factory Tour.  But I wouldn't argue either, at least until after having enough free booze

Be sure and see El Yunque and a bioluminescent bay while you're there....
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I ended getting 3rd place in the people choice at the Okie Eggfest - Mojo Tacos !! 

It has been a great weekend so far and I'm going to a pre-season OKC Thunder game tonight!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Eggcelsior
    @thetrim

I indeed hit up both places. Kayaking through the mangroves was awesome. I know about the lime thing but I was just repeating what the really hot lady at Bacardi told me. She could said the sky is red and I would have believed her.

The best was La Ruta de Lechon. Holy crap that was unbelievable.