Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thermapen approval granted!

DMWDMW Posts: 6,581
Just got approval from my CFO (SWBO) for a Thermapen! Now to decide on color...
My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
·

Comments

• Green's the fastest color.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    No way it's faster than the cheetah!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited October 2013
    I went with British Racing Green, looks to be the closest color to the BGE. Also got the boot and zipper case. Can't wait for it to arrive. Will also use it for checking water and dough temps for pizza and bread.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,149

Being the owner of a well used and slightly abused seven year old thermapen I opted to buy the silicon boot for my new one. It gives the thremapen a much better feel and will help protect it from falls and the occasional time being left out and getting wet. My old one still works but there are times I have to fiddle with it to get it to come on, which started happening a few years ago after being left out in the rain.

BTW the old one reads the same as the new one so after all the abuse I gave it, its still accurate and almost as fast as my new one.

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,285
    Everybody knows the flames are the fastest.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    I just received the IR plus probe. I will report when I have something to stick it in. :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Don't use mine as much as I thought I would, but I am still glad I have it.

GO BLUE!

Springfield, Va

·
  • I got the British racing green too. It's really fast! It let me know right away that I had overcooked my steaks again! At least now there's no suspense, I get the bad news quick!
    Houston, TX
    ·
  • Brown is Travis Benjamin fast.
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 770
    Get the backlit model. Choices are red, white or blue.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 600
    Absolutely agree with @td66snrf get the backlit one!
    Milton, GA.
    ·
  • I bought the british racing green because it is almost the same color as the Egg 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • brzeltbrzelt Posts: 62
    Permission for a thermapen..... did I just read that correctly????
    Bruce
    L BGE
    Kennesaw, GA
    ·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 343
    She will be glad she let you have it after she has a few meals with it. Have a great day.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·

Green for me!
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    ·