Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Sunday's Dinner

Options
I spent last Sunday drinking beer and watching football, so I wasn't in good shape to drive to the grocery store and buy something for the egg. My wife was out shopping (again), so I asked her to stop and pick up some steaks and I'd do a reverse sear on them for her and the kids. This is what she came home with:
Large BGE

Neenah, WI

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ... waiting with bated breath to see what it was!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Sorry, I tried posting from my phone and fat fingered something... This is what she came home with:

So I put some salt & pepper on them, got the egg up to about 250* and waited...

I waited until they hit 105* IT, took 'em off and cranked the egg up to 700*.  It was kind of hard getting a good sear on them because they fit awkward on the egg, but it worked out all right

They fed the 4 of us, with leftovers!  She said that the meat dept. had them advertised as "Tomahawk Rib Eyes".  It was one of the best rib eyes I've had in a long time!
    Large BGE

Neenah, WI
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Those look fantastic. Saw some of those in the butcher counter at the grocery store last weekend. I'm going to go over there this evening and see if they still have some. If they do, that's what's for dinner tomorrow night!

The 250* was indirect, right?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Yes, it was 250* indirect.  Took a little longer than what I'm used to for steak, but I was also polluted from drinking all day and did not want to screw these up. 
    Large BGE

Neenah, WI
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Those look fantastic. Saw some of those in the butcher counter at the grocery store last weekend. I'm going to go over there this evening and see if they still have some. If they do, that's what's for dinner tomorrow night!

The 250* was indirect, right?
    I did. They did. It's on!

Options
    Those look damn good. Might have to do some this evening.
    Cleveland, Ohio